Friday, July 12, 2013

Still Haven't Hung the Curtains

Time for a quick update on my bedroom curtain situation. Back on April 29, 2013, I shared the sad saga of my latest decorating failure in "How Long Will it Take Me to Hang These Curtains?"

It is now July 12, 2013, and I DID attempt to get those curtains hung. We purchased super cheap curtain rods--I'm talking five bucks a piece!!--unfurled the curtains and installed one pair. Unfortunately, the rods didn't extend over our current mini-blinds.

The result? Yikes. Picture bunched-up curtains trying to jump over a thick bar. *shivers*

So my hubby took down the rod, and I returned all three of them to the store. Yes, in hindsight it would have made sense for me to purchase new, appropriate rods right then. But...I was lazy. And frugal. Do you know how much the good ones cost? I'm tempted to throw a broomstick on a meat hook and call it good.

That being said, I love the curtains. I look forward to seeing them frame my windows. Someday. :)

#DecorationFail.

Let's hear it. What project still lingers unfinished at your house?

Have an awesome weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. What projects remain unfinished? I'll use a designation for blood work when I worked in a hospital laboratory a million years ago:TNTC (too numerous to count)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! I don't even want to know, do I?? Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hey, at least you tried, right? :)

    I haven't really done much decorating in my house, mostly because it costs money that I don't have. But someday, I'd love to decorate more downstairs, which will require new couches (mine are about 20 years old, I think), a new entertainment center and a new TV. Plus some stuff on the walls. :P But for now, it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Our couches are falling apart. I want to spend a fortune at Hobby Lobby and pick out pictures to frame for every room in the house! Someday, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, oh, oh I could talk forever about my own decorating disasters. It is not my forte, that is for sure. Like, six months ago I accidentally broke the blinds in my bedroom...are they still broken? Yes. So have I not opened the blinds in my bedroom in six months? Yes. And now, let's talk about the leaning bookshelves in my writing room/guest room. Yes, they very obviously lean to the side. I'm just waiting for them to fall over. But will I get smart and replace them before the disaster happens...probably not? And now let's chat about the bag of potting soil I spilled on my teensy balcony TWO YEARS ago that is still sitting on its side tipped over in the corner...

    Do you feel at all better about your curtains now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, are we sisters?? You are describing my life, right down to the potting soil! I had a bag of guinea pig bedding in my basement for months--and the guinea pig died earlier this year! Why???

      Delete
  4. Years ago, I decided I wanted to put up wallpaper border in my living room and our bedroom. I purchased the TWO designs I wanted. I had my son help me with the living room. It is still up,from the early 1990's. The bedroom border NEVER got put up. I believe I was cleaning out things one day and tossed the roll ( or was it rolls?)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!