Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bye, Bye, July

"That beautiful season the Summer!
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light;
And the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."

 -  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Isn't this true? Summer brings out the freshness of childhood for me. Fresh peaches. Sparklers and fireworks. A lazy day by the pool or on the beach. Long days. Long walks. Thunderstorms and humidity. Drizzles and rainbows. Fireflies and staring at clouds.

I always feel a bit sad on the last day of July. We have one month left of summer, and this year the weather was erratic. We had twenty-one days in a row of rain. Last Sunday the newscasters talked of record lows in our area. When it is hot, it's out-of-control humid, and we get severe storms. But you know what? It's still summer! I'll take it. :)

Is July one of your favorite or least favorite months? Why?

Hope you enjoy the final hours of July!

6 comments:

  1. Here in Mexico, it's July all the time. It's one of the reasons I love living here. I'll be back in the States next week. Hmm? Wonder what the weather will be? Also, no one talks about the weather here like they do in the States. Just think...that leaves many minutes in a day to think about something else. I just learned 38 degrees C is 100 F. And it's been 38 for a few weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Summer and the hazy, hot, and humid days. We had 3 weeks of hot and humid. I try not to complain because Summer goes by so quickly and Winter seems to last for 9 months. Hot and humid trumps shoveling snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like July only because we tend to have a lot of evening storms. Here in AZ we call them monsoons, which is kind of hilarious. But otherwise, July is hot and muggy. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sniff sniff sniff...wahhhhh....I'm not ready to move into August yet! I need a July re-do b/c school is looming too close on the horizon! I love the warmth, sunshine, lazy days...fall's my favorite season, but this year I want summer to last a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, it's interesting, I don't think of summer necessarily, just counting down the months until it's cooler again. :) My nieces and nephews are all longfaced that their summer is almost over. Ahhh, I remember those days counting my last free time until school took over everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love July! I live in the Netherlands and our summers can be crazy, cold, wet, dry, nasty, hot... anything is possible. This year it was perfect, warm, with showers at night.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!