Monday, March 11, 2013

Good Books, Fun Projects!

I'm working on a few fun projects this week, and I got so excited about them, I forgot to write a blog post for today! Besides the projects, I'm on a reading marathon. I'd ordered several must-read books from our library, and four of them arrived last week.


When it rains, it pours, right?

Last night I selected one of them. I'll read the first couple of paragraphs and see if it grabs me. If it does, I'll read a few chapters...

Yeah. Well, it grabbed me all right, and it's the first lengthy volume in an epic series. Could I put it down after a few chapters? Of course not! And I'm itching to pick it up and find out what happens next. Maybe tonight!

Oh, and the book is A Game of Thrones (Book 1, A Song of Fire and Ice Series) by George R. R. Martin. I have never seen the HBO series, but I've heard the books are great. So far, I agree!

Anyway, I'm taking the week off from blogging. :)

Are you working on any fun projects? What's the last book you got sucked into?

Hope you all have a lovely week!

14 comments:

  1. I love the Game of Thrones books. Right now, I'm reading the fourth novel in the series. It's amazing how these characters evolve. I promise not to give out any spoilers :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'm so excited to find another GoT's devotee! I'm dying to pick that book back up!!

      Delete
  2. Last book to get sucked in: An Echo in the Bone from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Waiting for the 8th book in the series due out in Nov. Written in my Own Heart's Blood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I didn't realize Diana Gabaldon was still writing the series! I read the first three Outlanders several years ago. She's a gifted writer, that's for sure! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. No fun projects just now. The last book I got sucked into was Anne of Green Gables. I know, I couldn't believe it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book! I read the whole series. The final installment, Rilla's book, was one of my faves!

      Delete
  4. I'm reading Dani Pettrey's debut novel, Submerged. I don't read much romantic suspense, but I'd heard such great things about this story that I made an exception. I'm about a third of the way in. The suspense angle is well done, but I'm glad to see the romance beginning to heat up a bit. Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love romance too, Keli! I've heard so many great things about Dani's book!

      Delete
  5. I just finished reading a series by Lauraine Snelling, called the Dakotah Treasures- Ruby, Pearl, Opal and Amethyst. Each of the books kept me reading. A friend passed me the first two at first and then she brought me the second two. The stories are set in the 1880's. I noticed how she italicized the characters thoughts and she also italicized the words when God spoke to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, that sounds like a great series!! I'm a huge historical fan of westerns. :)

      Delete
  6. I just finished (well, last week) Becky Wade's My Stubborn Heart...yeah, I'm a little behind. And my projects/reading list is longer than I have enough time for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky's Wade was one of my top picks for last year! I loved that book! Can't wait to read her next one! My to-be-read pile is obnoxious too. :)

      Delete
  7. I read all of Laura Frantz's works within about 2 weeks. I'm seriously in withdrawal.
    I'm working on my query letter. Fun? HAHAHA!

    Not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just left a comment. Nom nom nom. It got eaten.
    I went on a Laura Frantz-a-thon last month. Must. Have. More.

    Fun project? Bahahaha. My query.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!