Wednesday, June 15, 2011

5 Easy Questions with Tana Adams!

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.


Thank you for joining me in welcoming…Tana Adams!!


I've been following Tana's clever (and funny!) blog for years and am thrilled she's here today! Although we live on opposite ends of the country, her household and mine look very similar. We both even married our high school sweethearts! Tana is a super supportive, hilarious woman, and I'm so excited to see the new developments with her writing. Earlier this year, she accepted representation from Rachelle Gardner of WordServe Literary.





Let's get to it!
 
1. Beverage of choice?

Coffee please! Extra creamy and sweet. I’m a kid that way.

 2. Any pets?

No, but do furry people count? One 12 year old Golden and a pekingese. =)

3. Dream vacation?

Hawaii!!! The island of Kauai to be exact. I love that place. More please.

4. What are you listening to right now?

Adele! Isn’t everyone? I just love her angst. And who the heck cares what rolling in the deep actually means. I can feel what it means.*sigh*

5. What's for dinner?

Depends what the kids feel like ordering. I sort of wish I was kidding.

Tana, even our beverages match--I barely function without creamy, sugary coffee! And, yep, furry people absolutely count. My furry baby (Sophie the mini-weenie dog) is snuggled on my lap as I type this. Golden's are such sweet dogs and Pekingese--aren't they fluffy? I'm a softie when it comes to fluff! Kauai? Sign me up. Now.

Thank you so much, Tana, for being my guest today! I know you've just become someones hero by admitting you're ordering out. Hey, my kids have a busy, summer activity schedule--pizza is on the menu often!

I’m a writer, mom, homeschooler, wife of one amazing, super handsome man (who is also a genius, but I don’t dare tell him I think so) and most of all I heart Jesus. How so people survive without him, again? I don’t get that.

To learn more about Tana and her writing, head to her blog, White Platonic Dreams, be friends with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter!
 
So...do you use your local library often? Why or why not?
 
Later, I'm picking up Bossypants by Tina Fey from our library, and I'm curious how many other people stalk their libraries!
 
Have a fabulous Wednesday!!

30 comments:

  1. Great interview! I'm at the library once a week. A big part for my kids but also for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interview and love Tana's voice. Funny stuff, there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!

    Laura: I knew I liked you for more than your smart blog and tweets--I'm at the library once a week too! (Sometimes twice. It's close and I'm a junky!)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie, our comments must have crossed--yes, I'm with you on Tana's voice!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun interview, Tana & Jill! Tana, we had pizza last night so I could work on the Voices e-zine. I'd order out every night if it wasn't so expensive or bad for the waistline.

    Hubby and I are going to Hawaii in 3 years when we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I <3 the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview ladies...and no library visits for me...but I do heart Jesus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun interview! I'm on board with the sweet and creamy coffee too!

    I love (as my son says) the lieberry! There's something reverent about it, until the two year old starts wailing and the teenager whose mom forced him to go to study talks on the phone. Sigh...what happened to quiet lieberries?

    But really, I do love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE my library and they know me there. LOL
    Sugar coffee is the best and I'm so glad I'm not the only who doesn't know what "rolling in the deep" means. LOL
    Great interview ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was great. I always love meeting writers new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa: I could eat pizza several times a week, too. It's just delicious. :) Congrats on 22 years of marriage--what an awesome trip to look forward to!

    Em: No library? I'll bet you stalk the local bookstores, am I right? :)

    Jessica P: Ha! Our "lieberry" just expanded so even the screaming toddlers don't seem as loud. Heaven!

    Jessica N: Yeah, what does rolling in the deep mean? If it has anything to do with rolling in chocolate, I'm in.

    Carol: Thank you--I'm thrilled you popped over!

    Karen: Thank you! I appreciate it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview!

    I do go to the library about every two weeks or so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tana's a delight and I love stopping by her blog. Thanks for the interview! I especially like this line: And who the heck cares what rolling in the deep actually means.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Tana's here! I agree, Tana is super supportive and a funny gal. I've enjoyed getting to know her over the last year or so.

    Tana, we tend to order/eat out way more than we should, too. It's a habit we're trying to break. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a regular at my local library. Love it! Oh, and just so I can join the club, I married my high school sweetheart, too. But I have to admit I'll drink coffee any way it's served up. Thanks for the interview. Tana, if you don't mind, I'll friend you on Facebook. Is that actually a verb? I think I'm disgusted w/ myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loree: Nice! Two weeks gives you enough time to actually read your selections!

    Domey: Thanks--and I love that line too! Funny!

    Ralene: I have a hankering for KFC as we speak... :)

    Jill: Oh, congrats about marrying your high school sweetie! There's something special about being able to share so many memories (although I wish I could forget some of my unfortunate hairstyles.)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo, my Twitter coffee pals in one place! (Can you tell I just downed a latte? My fingers are jumping all over the keys right now.) :)

    Loved getting to know Tana better! Let's jump on a plane to Kauai and hula the day away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gah! What a ghastly picture of myself *sigh* One day I shall rectify this. Thank you SOOOOOO much Jill. You are one of the sweetest writer friends I know. And thanx to all who stop by and comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for interviewing Tana! I'm following her now on twitter.

    I do use my local library; I have a membership card and everything. I use the library most for researching my WIPS, especially the online resources.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love her and your new weekly feature! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah: Yeah, my fingers have been twitchy today too! I'm with you on Hawaii... :)

    Tana: Your picture is pretty! Puh-lease! And thank you sooooo much for being my guest!

    Tiffany: A real library card and everything? Awesome. I haven't used the online resources at our library. Hmmm...maybe I'll talk to one of the librarians about it. Thanks!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Tana, nice to meet you! Take out food is awesome, especially Chinese, but that's just my opinion :-)

    I go to the library weekly, either to research or to have a different place to write. Libraries aren't as quiet as they used to be, but going to one makes me stay focused.

    Thanks for the introduction, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Tana and Jill, fun interview today :)

    I use the library more often now with my Nook, downloading library eBooks more often than stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful to get to know Tana some more here, Jill.

    Library you ask? I don't frequent it often. I tend to be a book hoard and want to keep copies so I save up and purchase mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Diane: Thanks! :)

    Brandi: I love chinese food. Mm, mm! If I'm working at the library, I bring my iPod. It drowns the other stuff out!

    Joanne: I was pleasantly surprised at how many ebooks you can get at the library. I don't have an e-reader yet, but when I do, I'll be using the library for it!

    Eileen: I understand. I used to be the same way, but then we began moving every other year--cured me of that! The less I have to pack... :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great interview and thanks for introducing us to her Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for eating out and stalking libraries! Great stuff, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Tana! I have a 13-yr old Golden and a two-year-old Golden. They're the best dogs EVER!

    I can't believe I missed this post earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know I'm REALLY late... but I'm wondering if you know where Tana is now? Is she blogging? Did she get a pub contract? I used to follow White Plutonic Dreams and her story about her road to getting an agent was SO inspirational, but now I can't find her anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aimee, I know! I miss Tana! However, you can find her by the name of Addison Moore. She writes YA novels--she's very successful at them! Go check her out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!