Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5 Easy Questions with Jessica R. Patch!

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.


Thank you for joining me in welcoming… Jessica R. Patch!!

Jessica and I met through e-mail, and am I ever glad we did! I feel blessed to have such a supportive, hilarious, like-minded writer in my life. Jessica is a true encourager, and if you stop by her blog, you'll see what I mean. Some posts are deeply spiritual, others showcase her wicked sense of humor, but all leave you with a sense of having been hugged. Jessica writes inspirational contemporary romantic suspense.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Let's get to it!
 
1. Beverage of choice?
 
Coffee with Belgium chocolate toffee cream or a diet A&W root beer


 2. Any pets?

Besides my husband and kids? :) I have an irksome dog. She's a blond Schnorkie--half Yorkshire/half Schnauzer. I'll sell her to the lowest bidder!

 3. Dream vacation?

Me and hubby in Scotland, staying in an old drafty castle--rumored to be haunted. I want a large window to gaze out into the fog so I can spot old Nessie. Bagpipes are a must. Kilts are optional.  Then on to Ireland where we can eat at real Irish pubs built into cliffs and I'll dare my husband to take up clogging for a good laugh. Before we come home, we'll have kissed the Blarney stone and chased a rainbow to see if there really was a pot of gold at the end of it. If so, I'll share some with ya'll.

4. What are you listening to right now?

Mads Langer Fact Fiction--I'm writing a sweet romantic scene to it!


5. What's for dinner?

Chicken nachos drowned in Pancho's white cheese dip, refried beans, and french fries for my son (picky eater).

I'll bid on your Shnorkie--how adorable! I'll bet she's a little cutie! Your dream vacay sounds fantastic. If you want to ditch the hubs after a few weeks and head south to England, I'll join you! Okay, your dinner is about 495,000 times better than mine tonight. I might have to pretend I wasn't cooking and run to Taco Bell. Nachos...yum! Thanks so much for sharing with us today, Jessica!!

Jessica R. Patch writes contemporary suspenseful romances. Using witty humor and unusual twists, she brings flawed, but redeemable, characters through trials and triumphs while drawing out biblical truths.

Jessica attended Central Bible College, where she met her husband, and now resides in the mid-south. She has devoted her time to her local church having served as a Biblical Studies teacher, Women’s Ministry leader, Regional Women’s Representative, and volunteer co-pastor with her husband of the Young Adult Ministry. She’s written Young Adult studies, labeled “Patch Packets” and many of her articles are published in her church’s newsletter The Current. Before she decided to write full time, she worked as an Academy Director for an early childhood education center. She belongs to the CWG, ACFW, and BCW (a local chapter of American Christian Writers).

When she isn’t crashing into police cruisers, getting stuck on her fridge or sneaking off to movies with her husband, she enjoys embarrassing her tween daughter by wearing pajamas to take her to school and play-sword fighting with her six-year old son.

You can learn more about Jessica at her blog, be friends with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter!

So...it's June 1st!! Do you have big plans for the summer?

Have a fabulous Wednesday!!

38 comments:

  1. Awesome 5 answers, Jessica! I love how you would like to go to Scotland and stay in a HAUNTED castle. So you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, blogger decides to be nice and let me comment!

    Thanks so much for having me, Jill! :) I'll meet you at the airport in London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Q & A with Jessica! Praying for your friend, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute interview! I'm just now meeting Jessica on her blog and she has some very insightful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love getting into other author's head. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the interview and no, I won't bid on your dog either. :o) I have one of my own, although he's about 120 lbs and guards the chickens, so I guess we have to keep him since he earns his keep. (I secretly love him to death) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview!

    With a new job, my biggest look-forward-to event is a writers conference. Otherwise, this girl will stick close to home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Wednesday interviews, Jill! Fun answers! (If I didn't have taco bell for lunch yesterday and then made chicken enchiladas last night for dinner, I'd make myself some nachos right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning!!

    Everyone, please keep Jessica and her friend in your prayers. I found out last night that a dear friend of Jessica's lost her son in a car accident. I can't even imagine the pain of that kind of loss. My thoughts are with you, Jessica.

    On a happier note, thank you, Jessica for participating today.

    And thank you all (welcome, Sheri!) for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview...

    Keeping you and your friend in our thoughts and prayers this morning, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather: You know you want to come explore a "haunted" castle with me! Think of the fun we'd have!

    Katie: Thanks so much for praying. It means a lot1

    Jessica: Thanks. It's been fun getting to know you! I think your blog is insightful as well. :)

    Em-Musing: I love that name first of all. I think it's fascinating how writers' minds work.

    Sheri: Thanks for coming by! Sheri has a super neat blog. She's a real farm girl! :) The only chicken I need guarded is the fried on smothered in gravy on my plate!

    Susan: Which writers conference are you going to this summer? We'll be sticking close to home too. We got a membership at the pool so we'll be hanging there.

    Kelly: I love Jill's Wednesdays too! I also happen to be a big fan of enchiladas. And Rolaids!

    Jill: Thanks for praying for my friends. I wrote about the male goat today and giggled when I did thanks to your comment last Wednesday! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great to meet you here on Jill's blog, Jessica. :) Love the annoying Shnorkie! :)

    The big plans for the summer? Partay with the family and write!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica,
    I'm going on vacation with you. I'll learn to play the bagpipe and I'll dress in a kilt.

    Great interview!
    Jill, you picked a wise one to host.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loree: Thanks for your prayers. I need to get to your side of the fencepost! I feel out of the loop this week (until today) with no time on the net!

    Erica: It's great to meet you too! Congrats on Thorndike Press printing your books. Sweet covers!

    Wendy: Sounds like a plan. Bring baby powder. I hear kilts chafe and we may have to run from ghosts. Ouch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. FUN FUN interview and the chicken nacho thing made me hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to share a plate of those nachos with you, Jesse. They sound yummy.

    My heart goes out to your friend's family as they deal with this tragedy. May the Lord give you words that will bring comfort to them in their time of grief, and may He uphold you as you come alongside them while grieving yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, feel the love! Jessica, you are such an amazing author and friend. I love Jill's description of your blog--leaving feeling as though you've been hugged. So true! =)

    I'd love to romp through haunted castles too, lol. Though I'd never have thought of that on my own. My summer plans include writing (hopefully), a weekend trip to San Diego to visit the zoo and Sea World, swimming for the kids, and more writing (I hope!)

    Nice blog, Jill! I'll be stopping by more often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. p.s. Wow, just listened to the song you posted. Love, love, love! I think I'm gonna have to take your advice, Jessica, about writing to a soundtrack. Maybe I could do it afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I'd love to stop by her house for dinner. That sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you everyone (welcome Michelle!) for coming by and chatting with Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a specific genre she has. It happens to sound very interesting. Her vacation is right up there with my dream travel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Her genre is very specific and interesting. I would love to travel with you ladies. My dream, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha!! Love those answers!!! LOL. I could use some coffee with Belgium chocolate right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can my husband and I go on vacation with you and your husband? That would be a dream come true for my hubby, given his Irish roots and all. lol... We'll even take a few days and head south to join up with Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jessica sounds like the coolest person to hang out with! And her dream vacation sounds perfect. I hope some day her and her husband take that trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. That vacation sounds fabulous, doesn't it? Hey, I'd settle for a dinner out at an Irish Pub at this point!! It's been a while since we've gotten away. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love her!! I think she is cool and upbeat and the best encourager ever!! If you don't know her--go meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome answers, Jessica! Ireland is one place I'd love to visit but probably never will. My family roots are there but it's just too far. Nice to dream, though.

    As for summer plans... I'm still in shock that it's June! We've had the coldest, wettest spring on record and I can't begin to think summer yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jaime: They are sooo easy! And calorie free (cough-lie)!

    Keli: Thank you so much for your prayers. It's been tough. They're doing pretty good so far today.

    Michelle: Glad you came by. Pack a bag and join in the fun! Sea World sounds awesome. I've always wanted to go to the San Diego zoo. I happen to love ole' Mads, although one of my friends calls him "screamer boy" WHAATEVER!!

    Maggie: If you're ever in the Memphis area, come on by!

    Nancy: We got a ticket waitin on you! :)

    Lisa: It's in the cold section at your local grocery. Coffee mate brand only. I don't care for International Delight brands!

    Ralene: Sounds perfect! I have Irish roots too, but never been. I'm goin one day. It's on my list!

    Julie: Thanks!! I hope we take that vacay too. :)

    Terri: Thanks so much for your kind words! They make me smile! :) I think you're pretty awesome too.

    Carol: I just said this afternoon I couldn't believe it was June either. We had a ton of rain down here and it's been crazy. Maybe if we never get the vacation we can read a book about that place and live vicariously!

    Thanks everyone for your comments and feel free to stop by my blog! Thanks again, Jill for being you--which is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great interview! Love short and simple. We want to go to Carlsbad Caverns. Been wanting to go there for ages. *cross fingers*



    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  31. We did taco night at our house. I'm sensing a theme. :)

    So nice to meet a new friend! Thanks for introducing, Jill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. It seems mexican food is in the air! It's only 8:35 am and a big tub of nacho bel grande sounds yummy to me. That's bad, isn't it?

    Thanks so much for stopping by! (Welcome, Elizabeth! Carlsbad Caverns would be delightful! Hope you make it there!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think Mexican is in the air!

    Elizabeth: Your book sounds fascinating. I happen to enjoy YA paranormal!

    Sarah: Definite theme! It's great to meet you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am awed by Jessica's accomplishments! Great interview ladies. I shall now go visit Jessica's blog. Thank you for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great interview, Jill! Jessica is a sweetheart! I'd love to see a picture of her pooch - and maybe she can add catering to the mix and dish up a big serving of those nachos. Have a fantastic week, ladies! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great introduction/interview as always Jill. :-) Nice to meet you Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Muchos gracias for the interview, Jill! And Jessica, it's great finding out more about you! Coffee with Belgium chocolate cream sounds heavenly:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!