I'm a fan of the DIY network. "Renovation Realities" has given me more chuckles and guffaws than most shows on television! Last year, I came across a show on DIY Network called "Rehab Addict." It follows Nicole Curtis, a home renovator, who buys old homes and restores them--on a budget.
I find the show compelling for a variety of reasons.
1. My husband and I have had homes built, and we've tackled many renovation projects. (The credit goes to my talented hubby--I'm more of a "where do you want me?" type of helper.) Last year we completely remodeled the first floor of our house.
2. I'm frugal and always on the lookout for innovative tips. Nicole Curtis recycles and reuses materials in a way I find awesome. I don't think I've ever seen an episode where she drives to Home Depot or Target for new materials.
3. Nicole herself--she takes care of her body and appearance. I can easily fall into let-myself-go mode, so I get inspired to work out, do my hair, and eat better by watching this fabulous lady.
4. The house projects. I'm a "before and after" junkie! I can't get enough of watching rooms or people transform. It's why I also adore "The Biggest Loser."
5. Set in Minnesota's Twin Cities, "Rehab Addict" features little snippets of people riding their bikes or a pretty pond in a park. It satisfies the armchair traveler in me. :)
The bottom line? Nicole Curtis is one of those ladies who won't let anyone stop her from living her dreams. She's a hard worker, believes in what she's doing, and her hair always looks good while she's doing it!
(I really want to perfect the ponytail the way she has!!)
Are there any women on television who inspire you? What is it about them that makes you want to try harder too?
Have a fabulous Wednesday!