Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Where Do You Shop for Home Decor?

Yesterday I cleaned. Not the kind of clean where you sit back and smile, thinking how wonderful everything looks. No, I cleaned one wall of cupboards inside and out from top to bottom. Then the floor was so disgusting, I couldn't take it, so I swept and mopped. The dust made me cringe. I vacuumed and dusted too.

This is always a good reward for cleaning. :)

I sat down, looked around, and started mentally redecorating. We recently remodeled our half bathroom, and it has bare walls. A pretty picture would make a world of difference in there! Our living room feels a little stale. Some inexpensive accessories and this place would shine.

Which led me to wondering where to buy these items. I'm pretty hit or miss about shopping. It's rare for  me to actually go out and shop with something in mind for the house. I tend to fall in love with an item when I'm shopping for the kids.

My favorite decorations have come from Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, TJ Maxx, and Hobby Lobby. One day soon I'll take a few hours to shop. In the meantime, I'd appreciate suggestions. Any fresh ideas for me? Thanks!

Where do you shop for home decor?

For my American friends, have a wonderful Fourth of July!! I'll be taking a blog break until next Wednesday. See you then!!

6 comments:

  1. We have this mom and pops place in town for reasonable prices and I love it. Also, I like Gordman's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Gordman's! I'll Google it and see if there are any in driving distance--thanks!

      Delete
  2. Being on fixed incomes, we shop at Kmart (sales),Walmart (price rollback),Big Lots (when I can't find what I am looking for elsewhere.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hear you! I bought curtain rods and baskets from Dollar General! I like them!

      Delete
  3. Good question, Jill. I was going to say Hobby Lobby. I've bought a few items at JoAnn's, and they have coupons in the Sunday paper. I want to check out Kirklands, but I don't know what their prices are like.

    Of course, I'm slow to decorate, because I don't have much creativity in this aspect of my life. :) I'd rather have a talented friend accompany me to a store and say, "Oh! This would be perfect for __________." :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!