Wednesday, March 16, 2011

5 Easy Questions with Cindy R. Wilson

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or a best-selling author--all have made an impact on my life.

Thank you for joining me in welcoming…

Cindy R. Wilson!

When I first found Cindy's warm, welcoming blog over two years ago, I never dreamed we'd become critique partners. What a blessing! I consider Cindy and our critique group vital to my life and my writing. Welcome Cindy!






1. Beverage of choice?

Sweet tea with lemon.

2. Any pets?

No pets right now. I love dogs but kids take up enough of my time to feel like I could really care for an animal like they should be cared for.

3. Dream vacation?

Road trip to the East Coast (all the way from Colorado). I'm pretty enamored with the history of anywhere further east than the mid-west, and it's an adventure my hubby and I have been dreaming about for years and years.

4. What are you listening to right now?

The television is on some random movie in the background as I keep busy this morning - I caught a glimpse of Kevin Costner, though :)

5. What's for dinner?

My hubby went out and specifically got French bread to make ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches just like we had them in France when we went after we got married. They use half loaves of bread there and it's so fresh, we probably won't get quite the same result, but it's worth the try. Now I just need some carbonated lemonade and I can be temporarily transported back to Europe!

Cindy, thank you for letting us peek into your life today. We recently lived in Virginia, and I would gladly tag along on your East Coast trip. We couldn't get enough of the history! And stop making me drool with all this bread and France talk, not to mention Kevin Costner. :) Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Cindy R. Wilson writes contemporary inspirational romance, glorifying God through stories of faith and love. She has spent time learning the craft while writing more than a dozen novels. She has also been a member of ACFW for over a year and blogs about life and writing at her personal blog and a group blog for aspiring authors. To learn more about Cindy, stop by her blog or friend her on Facebook.

22 comments:

  1. Yum - ham and swiss on French bread! Sounds delicious, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our east coast is Nova Scotia, but I've always wanted to cross that part of the Atlantic to Maine, and up the coast. I hope you get to take your dream vacation soon, and we can read about your travels. Thanks for having Ciny here, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cindy's blog too :)

    This is a great idea to get to know other writer's better. Thanks Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy is a sweetheart. Thanks for the opportunity to learn a little more about her, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't Cindy's dinner sound delicious? I vote we all head over there tonight!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love in NY and the east coast does have a lot of history and beautiful places to visit. Have a great week! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, that was so fun coming up with answers to those questions! I'd LOVE to have you all over for dinner :) Writer friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like baked brie on my French bread, but baby swiss would be outstanding! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea; it's fun learning more about other writers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ditto the dinner crashing:) Fun post, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when I can catch two blogging friends in one post. French bread is the best. I could live on that and cheese (and, confession time, I also like pate).

    Good to get to know more about you, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree it's fun to find out what friends are eating!

    Is it horrible to admit I came up with this idea because I love hearing what other people cook for dinner? Seriously! I'm way too nosy!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So...what time's dinner? :)

    Thank you, Cindy, for sharing just a little more about yourself. I lived in Virginia for a little over a year...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Ham and Swiss on French Bread, my taste buds are watering as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cindy! I just "followed" your blog. Your dream vacation is on my list, too! Also from Colorado. I'd like to drive through the Smoky Mountains, then all the way up the coast to Maine and back. Just have to convince hubby driving is more fun than flying!
    Thanks Jill, for introducing Cindy here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ralene, I didn't know you lived in Virginia! We lived in Fredericksburg for a while--LOVED it!

    Still drooling over the dinner...

    Thank you all for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the fun interview with Cindy! All the talk about break has my tummy growling :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cindy was one of the first blog people I met too and she's wonderful! How cool you two are cps now. Thanks for the interview, Jill and Cindy!

    Hugs,
    Jackee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jill and Cindy! Loved reading about Cindy's life and writing--not to mention dinner;). Thanks for sharing!

    Jill, you have an award waiting at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed your questions and Cindy's answers. Her dinner did sound great. How nice to have such a wonderful writing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks everyone! It's fun getting a peek into different writer's lives!

    Maria: Thank you very much!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!