Wednesday, March 23, 2011

5 Easy Questions with Constance Phillips

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or a best-selling author--all have made an impact on my life.


Thank you for welcoming...

Constance Phillips!

I met Constance three years ago at my local RWA chapter. When she generously invited me to join her and a few other friends for coffee, I jumped at the chance. We still have Friday coffee dates, and we both still love our MVRWA chapter--so much that she became president and I serve as vice-president. Constance is a talented writer of contemporary and paranormal romance. I'm thrilled to host her here!

1. Beverage of choice?
If it's before noon, or late in the afternoon I'm reaching for a deep, rich coffee with just a touch of cream. Any other time of the day, and it'll be a Diet Coke I'm craving.

2. Any pets?
We're dog people in this house. We have four of them. A terrier mix that is my baby and a yellow lab that belongs to my son. Then, there are the best known members of the family, Lily and Rose our mom and daughter Olde English Bulldogges.

3. Dream vacation?
I'm not too picky, but it would have to be a "beach vacation." A warm tropical beach!

4. What are you listening to right now?
It's one of those rare moments I don't have iTunes or Pandora on. I have one ear on an episode of American Pickers playing in the other room. I love all the shows about collectibles on the History Channel.

5. What's for dinner?
It's beef fajitas tonight.

Constance, just a touch of cream? I dump half the jug of flavored creamer in mine! I can't stop watching the History channel's line-up either, but if I could tear my eyes away from Pawn Stars, I would hop on a plane and join you on that beach vacation. March in northern Ohio can be rough! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

So here's my question for you...what are YOU having for dinner?

Active in RWA (Romance Writers of America) and the president of her local chapter (MVRWA), Constance is actively pursuing publication for her paranormal romance and contemporary romance novels. Her other passions are her young-adult children and their equestrian hobby, which is why she's also active in USPC (United States Pony Club).

Music is an integral part of life, which makes sense since she is the music editor at Blogcritics.org. It's a rare moment that she won't be listening to or writing about some sort of music. There's a special place in her heart for retro-pop, but you're just as likely to hear the newest alt sounds, blues or jazz emanating from her speakers.

For more information about Constance, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter and Facebook.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

26 comments:

  1. Constance, we love the Pickers show too! Jill, I dump half a bottle of cream in as well! I love Toffee Belgian Chocolate! Dinner tonight? We eat out on Wednesdays because it's such a busy evening with church. Probably Mexicana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner? I wish I was making reservations, but will end up baking chicken breasts in Italian dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, Isn't Picker's awesome. One night while we were watching my daughter tried to buy something off their website, just so she could have something that was 'picked'. Unfortunately, no email back.

    CJ, your chicken breasts for dinner sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the beach vacation, there's no place better :)


    Dinner tonight? Chicken risotto ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...Dinner? that's coming around again today????

    Actually, we're dining on leftovers. :) woohoo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are dog people, too! Big time.

    And we are all coming to your house for dinner because I have absolutely no idea what I'm cooking! Mexican Fiesta! Woo hoo.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have a great friendship! It's sandwich night in my house tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did actually take some turkey hamburgers out of the freezer for dinner tonight, usually I am not so well prepared.

    Love this series Jill! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post idea is great, Jill. Fun to learn about fellow writers, even those I know first-hand! For dinner tonight, it's oatmeal for hubby and me. It's our Lenten supper, 4 nights of the week. Then, we "splurge" on the weekends with "real" food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica P: Toffee Belgian Chocolate?? I might have just passed out! Yum!

    CJ: Mmm...sounds good! We're having chicken parmesan. Must be a chicken night!

    Constance: Thanks for popping in! That's so funny she tried to buy something from their website!

    Joanne: Chicken risotto? I've never had it, but it's making me drool. :)

    Erica: I'm so thankful for leftovers!

    Wendy: I know, fajitas sound great!

    Lynn: Sandwich night! I love grilled cheese, hint, hint. ;)

    Diane: Yeah, I forgot to thaw out our chicken for tonight. As usual. :)

    Patrice: Healthy! I love breakfast for dinner, except mine usually involves bacon and french toast. Not quite as healthy. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAY FUN!! I love this interview - so neat to get know fellow writers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was fun to meet one of your writing friends, Jill, and see how you first met up. Hey, Constance, thanks for stopping by! I laughed at all of you having to think about dinner. (Sorry - but, hey, I paid my dues on that one for many, many years.) One of the nice things about living alone, and there are many, is eating whatever and whenever. The beach? I'm IN!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marinated orange/maple pork loin and balsamic green beans for supper. We may have a glass of Riesling with that. I LOVE to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you, Constance!

    For dinner it's spice-rub steak (which I don't like), potato gratin (which my oldest doesn't like), and steamed broccoli (which my little one merely tolerates). But if we're all good and finish our dinners, we'll have some gluten-free chocoate cupcakes with vanilla-mint frosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun post, Jill! Hubby's microwaving tonight (I have Zumba class), so who knows? Then it's Survivor! When I cooked last night, it was sloppy joes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dinner tonight is what they are serving at church.

    Constance sounds like an interesting person to know. Thanks for sharing about yourself, Constance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I love the beach, too! (My husband always promised me he would retire me on the water someday...hmmm.)

    Tonight for supper...mostaccioli with red sauce and grilled chicken breasts.

    It was interesting learning about you, Constance!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jaime: Thanks!

    Katie: Constance rocks!

    Patti: Ooh, whatever, whenever. I'd be all over a take-out pizza then!

    Sarah T: Mm, mm, mm! I can tell you love to cook, just by that description! I'm on my way over... :)

    Lindsay: Ha! Ha! We have meals like this often. One doesn't like this, I don't like that, and we all like dessert!

    K.B.: Oh, Zumba! Nice! I love dancing! And microwaves are awesome. :)

    Quiet Spirit: Let me guess, spaghetti? Spaghetti always goes over well at Lenten suppers!

    Cynthia: Mostaccioli and grilled chicken breasts? Drooling!! Yum!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jill -

    Thanks for introducing Constance. I'll pop over to her blog and see her.

    BTW, you have an award on my Friday Round-Up post (3/18). :)

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan JR: Thank you so much! I'll stop over!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love learning about other writers! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jill: You were close, we had a type of lasagna. They also fixed a rheuben cassarole. I chose not to have the rheuben because I got sick on sauerkraut as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun interview. Thanks for doing this, Jill!

    My husband surprised me and took me out for Italian tonight! Then we came home and watched a Leave it to Beaver rerun and ate ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We had chicken kebabs for dinner tonight. (It's already Friday night here in Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum, yum! You guys make me hungry!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!