Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5 Easy Questions with Wendy P. Miller

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.

Thank you for joining me in welcoming…

Wendy P. Miller!

I found Wendy's fabulous blog over two years ago, and we instantly connected, so much so that we and two other bloggers became critique partners. When I had the idea for a fun, weekly feature to promote authors, I begged my critique group to be my guinea pigs! Without further ado, here are Miss Wendy Miller's answers.



1. Beverage of choice?

Sweet tea in the day. For a night on the town I’ll go with a pomegranate martini and if I’m in the mood to bring on the fat, a thick chocolate shake.

2. Any pets?

Our old incontinent (but loved to pieces) Samoyed.

3. Dream vacation?

Mykonos, Greece

4. What are you listening to right now?

I’d like to say something more mood-inspiring, like an earthy jazz, but I can hear an episode of Wild Kratz in the other room and O.A.R. Crazy Game of Poker on Pandora.

5. What's for dinner?

Turkey meatballs, noodles with a pasta sauce I doctored up with fresh basil (love that smell) and mushrooms.

Wendy, I will join you for a chocolate shake in Mykonos, Greece anytime, sister. And your dinner activated my taste buds. Yum... Thank you so much for sharing, Wendy!

Wendy Paine Miller writes upmarket women’s fiction imbued with literary elements. She’s deliberate about exploring the richness and complexity of her characters. Her novels are interwoven with tension, gripping emotion and life as you know it. She loves writing stories infused with hope, stories spliced with colorful characters that inspire readers to see the world in a new light. Her greatest desire is to encourage readers to think anew by unlocking previous ways of viewing life and relationships. To learn more about Wendy, check out her blog, Thoughts that Move, and find her on Facebook, and Twitter.

Have a terrific Wednesday!

30 comments:

  1. Fun! I'd like a thick chocolate shake for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Wendy, can I come over and drink a shake with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I've heard Greece is beautiful! I'll drink a shake there anytime. I didn't know there was such a thing as a pomegranate martini. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hooked me up with all that linkage, sister!

    Jill, you know how very much I treasure your friendship. I'm honored to be featured in this cool new interview spiel you are hosting!

    Love it. Love you.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wendy, nice to meet you.
    Chocolate milkshakes!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning!

    I'm late to my own party! *shaking my head*

    And since it's a rainy, nasty day, I vote we all head to Greece. Shakes for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great variety of fun and interesting questions. Super idea! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun series! I love Wendy, she is a beautiful wordsmith, and I can't wait to finger the pages of her work. Soon, Wendy I believe that!

    Love you ladies:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *raising my hand* I second Jill's motion. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know more about you Wendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having fun too! I'm so snoopy--I want to know what everyone is having for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill, your new series is awesome!

    I'm a big Wendy fan.
    She's wise.
    She's wonderful.
    She has an amazing way with words.
    And she likes sweet tea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the desciption of how Wendy writes--cause it is so accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Wendy and her awesome blog. She has a way of wrapping words around a concept, making you say, "Oh yes, that's it! Why didn't I come up with that?"

    Thanks for this fun interview. It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you all--Wendy rocks! Thank you all so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jill, what a fun feature! Great idea.

    Nice to meet you, Wendy! Anyone who has such fine taste in beverages is all right with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love visiting your blog, for my 'writer's fix' every day...or at least every other day. Being a mom has occupied so much time over the last 20 years, that it's nice to take a few moments each day to gratify my writer-side:) Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun idea! Thanks to both of you. :)
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm, sweet tea and a warm vacation spot. I'm all for that! Love this new idea for Wednesday posts, Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jill,

    Thanks again for the fun interview! You are constantly looking for ways to give to other writers. This is a beautiful quality.

    And to all who commented, thank you! Your comments mean a lot to me.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for the introduction, Jill! Hi Wendy! You got me at the Sweet Tea! Whether you are or not, you have the look of a Southern Gal! Sweet & pretty In pink. The comments on here tell us how much you are loved and appreciated by your peers. From reading Jill's description of your writing, I'm having a strong desire to read your work right now!!! You women who persist and persevere in your writing are such wonderful examples for us newbies. Nice to meet you, Wendy! (Now I'm hopping over to your Blog.) Thanks again, Jill. This is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FUN!!

    Wendy, if/when we meet, we're drinking pomegranate martinis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your comments put a huge smile on my face!

    (Patti M: My first impression of Wendy was that she must be a southern gal too! Funny, we both assumed that!)

    Thank you SO much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll join the two of you for the martini, the chocolate shake, AND the trip to Greece! Lots of fun reading this Q&A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yeah, bring on the chocolate shake!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm with Wendy on the chocolate shakes. And Greece. And old, sweet dogs!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Wendy! What a fun surprise to find you over here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wendy and Jill! Two of my favorite writer peeps in the same place. :) I'm late to this party, but what a fun idea, Jill! Look forward to reading more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So nice to know Wendy a little more :) You girls rock!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!