Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hyperventilation Wednesday!

Guess what? Today I'm in Washington D.C. attending Romance Writers of America's National Conference!! I've been dreaming of this moment for six months, although the past few weeks have mostly filled me with nervous dread.



Will I make a fool of myself at some point this week? You betcha! I don't look for ways to embarrass myself; it's inevitable.

But who cares? I'll be in the same room as Stephanie Laurens tonight! She writes historical romance. Her Cynster series is so good, I've read several of the books more than once. She'll be at the literacy signing and I'll wait in line for hours if need be to get her autograph. I wonder if I'll be rendered speechless with my mouth flapping in the wind or will I babble incoherently? Hmm? The other option is that I'll be poised and cool and fabulous, but that's just crazy talk.

Have any of you watched Notting Hill? Do you remember when Hugh Grant's little sister meets Julia Roberts? She says something like, "this is one of those moments when I have a chance to be really cool and I'm going to blow it 100%."

Yep. I'm going to blow it 100%.

Have a terrific Wednesday!! I won't be able to check comments until I get back, but please leave one because I love, love, love hearing from you!

21 comments:

  1. Jill, have a blast! And I KNOW you won't blow it! You are incredibly poised and beautiful! You'll knock their socks off! We'll be looking forward to hearing all about the conference when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you're going to have SO much fun! I agree with Jody, you'll do awesome. :-) Have fun and share all the juicy details when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, may you have great learning and a wonderful time at the RWA national.

    If you're pitching, I'm lifting a prayer for that too!

    Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Notting Hill, and that's a perfect example of how it must feel. I haven't attended any conferences, but rest assures, I would find someway to embarass myself too!

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll do lovely! Can't wait to here how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that movie and I know you will "nail it" 100%. I think someone would have to try really hard not to like you. :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing experience, have a blast! Looking forward to reports from your experience there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I consciously slow down, and give myself a moment to think, I can control my responses. Try it, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still convinced you're going to do great. And I'm still praying for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting!!!! Have mucho fun!! And best wishes - you'll do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol...that scene in Nottinghill is hilarious!
    You will do great and I hope you learn alot so you can come back and share your wealth of information!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw Notting Hill, but I don't remember that scene.
    Since you are reading this after the conference, congratulaations! You did great. Your blog friends knew you could be cool and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy! And come back and blog like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go, Jill! Have fun and just be yourself. They're sure to love you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so exciting! Haha, whenever I meet authors I admire, I turn into a blubbering mess, so good luck with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool! Have an awesome time and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ill look forward to hearing how you blew it....but blow it 150%...not just 100% :) enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, you won't blow it! Good luck! And keep us posted. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you have a simply wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The conference is awesome isn't it? It's unlike anything I have ever experienced. Enjoy yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooh!!! How exciting for you. I don't know these people, but your excitement is so contagious I can hardly wait myself. Go out there, have fun, and don't worry about blowing it! That's what these trips are for. ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!