Thursday, July 23, 2009

Belated Blog Awards

Two blog awards? What an honor! Thanks Wendy and Cindy, you really made my day! So here are the awards:



The Honest Scrap award was given to me by Wendy of All In a Day's Thought. If you haven't checked out her blog, I urge you to check it out. Inspiring, thought-provoking, it always makes me take a deep breath. And the music! Don't get me started...
So the rules of the Honest Scrap award are to reveal Eight Honest Things about me.
1. I dressed up like Kenny Rogers for my senior high school talent show. My girlfriend was Dolly Parton. We lip-synched "Islands in the Stream" and guess what? We won!
2. I'm deeply connected to nature. I love taking walks, even in the snow, and the sky amazes me every day.
3. UsWeekly magazine brings out my judgmental! But I hop off my high horse pretty quickly. Except when Britney's on the cover, or Jon and Kate Plus 8, or...maybe I need to work on that?
4. I have never met a cat I didn't want to pet.
5. My husband still makes my pulse race, my palms sweat, and he makes me want to be witty and cool and spunky even when I'm not.
6. I check out stacks of books, magazines, DVD's, and CD's every week from the library. It's my favorite place.
7. The inventor of Jamocha Almond Fudge ice cream deserves to win the Nobel Peace Prize. If we all ate a little JAF, the world would be a better place.
8. My bike brakes are so loud, I scare away every animal in the county. SCREECH...
Thanks again for this fun and lovely award! Here are my nominee's for the Honest Scrap Award.
1. Jeanette Levellie over at Audience of One
2. Erica Vetsch over at On the Write Path
3. Kara over at Eskimo Kisses and Air Hugs
4. MaryBeth over at Desperately Searching for My Inner Mary Poppins
5. Ralene over at A Call to Love
And on to the next big award. The Superior Scribbler Award! Woo-hoo!! Thanks Cindy! You are awesome! If you haven't checked out Cindy R. Wilson's blog, do yourself a favor and try it. She's an amazing author and I'm pretty sure she's on her way to becoming a rock star with that fancy new guitar!



Now for the blog award rules:
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
The 5 people I'm passing this award on to are:
1. Danyelle over at Myth-Takes
2. Keli Gwyn over at On the Path to Publication
3. Megan Rebekah over at Megan Rebekah Blogs
4. Jeannie over at Mind Healing Fiction
5. Tess over at Tess Hilmo
There are so many tremendous bloggers out there! Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. WOW--Congrats to you! You deserve them both:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards Jill! :-) Your honest things cracked me up, especially the cat one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jess, you crack me up sometimes! Congrats on the blog awards! You are totally deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blog awards and to all you bestowed them upon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill: You made my day and my week and my month and... this is so sweet of you. Thank you.

    And congratulations to you on two awards at once. Now, admit you are more excited about these than your talent award with "Dolly!"

    Blessings, Jen
    Audience of ONE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri: Right back at you!

    Jessica: My famiy tolerates all things cat at my house. Thanks!

    Sherrinda: You too! I saw all the awards going around and my head started spinning!

    Eileen: Thanks! They deserve it more than I do!

    Jeanette: Yep--way better than dressing up like Kenny!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks hon!!! You know you rock too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, thank you for the link and for the kind words you wrote!!!

    All of your honest answers w/ the exception of maybe #4 (the cat one) are why I love you!

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the awards! I love your eight honest things, especially the nature one. It made me want to take a walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome, Jill. You definitely deserve both awards! I love stopping by your blog.

    And thank you for the award, you are such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marybeth: Thanks!

    Wendy: Do you need a little kitty in your life? Ha!

    Katie: I'd love to take a walk with you--right now!

    Ralene: Thanks--I love yours too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the Honest Scrap Award!

    I'm with you on the cats. I love them! There's something about stroking my cat that just soothes me.

    I'll post about this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!

    And I continue to be in awe of nature, as well. Whenever my daughter and I go on our nature walk, I always see something in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erica: Oh yes, my cat is a big, fluffy ball of therapy! I love her.

    Melissa: This time of year brings smiles. All the gorgeous colors blend together--ahh, if only it would last...

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I just posted the 10 things (I changed it from the Honest Scrap award because I don't do blogging awards) on my blog. It's really fun to see this floating around out there and I love your 10 things. Especially the JAF ice cream. My favorite is Coffee Heath Bar Crunch from Ben and Jerry's..but JAF is a close second :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tess: Gotcha! And I'm kind of wondering if we're sisters separated at birth? Ben & Jerry's--yum, yum!

    Angie: Thanks!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, Jill, I just realized we already chatted about my post over at, well, my post. Sometimes my brain slips into Alzheimers mode :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Jill. :) You're too kind. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tess: I always enjoy chatting--especially about the same topics!

    Danyelle: No, you are!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jill, thank you for the award. I'm honored. My computer seems to be trying to take a vacation on me so I will happily post it on my blog when I can get the thing to cooperate:)
    I love that you dressed up as Kenny Rogers. That is hilarious! I can't wait to catch up on your posts...think it's time for some computer shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kara: My computer is driving me insane! Hope yours starts behaving!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!