Friday, January 23, 2009

A Few Links That Make Me Smile...

Wow! We covered meaty topics this month. I thought we could use a break for some smiles.

Here are a few links I've come across recently that I thought you'd enjoy.

The Inigo Montoya Guide to 27 Commonly Misused Words made me laugh out loud. A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I were writing at a coffee shop when I asked her what word to use: toward or towards? We looked it up in the dictionary and finally decided that towards is the Old English version. Last week I came across the above misused words article and cringed when I saw toward/towards listed. At least I'm not alone!

This one has nothing to do with writing, but it sure is cute. Here's an adorable picture of super fluffy baby penguins.

And, this lighthearted video cracks me up! Check out On Writing. You know why I love it, right? The cat, of course!

Hope you enjoy these links as much as I do.
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!