Friday, October 24, 2014

20 Random Things About Me

The lovely and hilarious, Jessica R. Patch, tagged me last week to share 20 random things about myself. Her list made me laugh and smile, so I'm linking it here, "Jessica Patch: 20 Random Things."

1. How tall are you?

I'm 5'4" but I'm pretty sure I'm shrinking.

2. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?

Hidden? Not really, but I tend to act out conversations when telling a story. It's more of a quirk!

3. What is your biggest blog-related pet-peeve?

Oh, this is easy. When comments with spam links slip through. Ugh!! We don't want your itch cream or whatever you're selling!

4. What is your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?

When people chew their gum loudly, snapping it, popping it, making the firecracker noises with it. Gum drives me nuts! I probably need therapy.

5. What's your favorite song?


"Dear John" by Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones (the version below is Norah Jones featuring Ryan Adams--two different albums, one great song) gets me every time!



6. What's your favorite Etsy shop that isn't yours?

I like photography shops. Ana Pontes has some gorgeous pictures. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnaPontesPhotography)

7. What's your favorite way to spend free time when you're alone?

Give me a stack of magazines, a comfy blanket, a full pot of coffee, and some HGTV. I'm happy!

8. What's your favorite junk food?

M&Ms.

9. Do you have a pet or pet(s)? If so, what kind and what are their names?

Yes, I have a mini-dachshund, Sophie. She's my writing buddy and lap warmer.



10. What is your #1 favorite fiction and non-fiction books?

I can't pick just one fiction. It's impossible! For fiction, I love The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, the Cynster series by Stephanie Laurens, Demon by Tosca Lee and Man of Power by Mary Wibberley. For non-fiction, it's hand's down The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. I've read it three times, and I'm currently re-reading a section each day.

11. What is your favorite beauty product?

I slather Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Creme on my face and neck every night.



12. When were you last embarrassed?

Um, yesterday and the day before and the day... I embarrass myself often. Writers groups, in particular, bring out the loonbag in me. I've walked into men's rooms on more than one occasion. I get excited and nervous and don't pay attention!

13. If you could drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Coke. And coffee. And hot black tea. :)

14. What's your favorite movie?

I love The Cutting Edge! And I also love The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Oh, and Christmas movies!

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?

Hmm...I definitely wasn't the prom queen or the valedictorian. Can't play an instrument to save my life. Was the last to be chosen many days in gym class. I love hanging with my friends, so loner is out. I wasn't a cheerleader, but I was a pom pom girl. I'll just say I made it through high school and leave it at that!

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

In a pretty cabin on Lake Michigan, preferably in the southern part of Michigan because it's warmer!

17. PC or Mac?

PC.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?

I love when my husband writes me anything, and the birthday card he gave me this year really touched me.

19. Favorite celebrity?

Probably Reese Witherspoon. I think she's adorable and always dresses cute!

20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?

I'm really blessed--I'm good friends with many bloggers. The online community can be so welcoming!!


Your turn! Tell me one random thing about yourself! 

Have a terrific weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. #9. Pets...

    Dogs - Ladron (heeler), Sylvia (pit), Pitunia JezeBull (pit), Bella the Miracle Dog (terrier), Humphrey (pit), Dukee (pit), Rapunzel (pit), Mr. Independent (Aussie), Megan the Tank (Aussie), Josie (Ridgeback), Reebok (Ridgeback), Red (heeler), Bray (daschund), Regis (border collie), Daughtrie (heeler), Rufus Theodore (Jack Russell), Shelby (boxer), Yoda (pit), Chris (yellow lab), Tammy (pit), Mocha (3-legged Rottweiler), Duke (B&T coonhound), Bernard the Ninth (black lab), Labby (black lab), and Titan (Rottweiler).

    Cats - Schatzie (Maine coon) and Sasquatch (tabby with attitude)

    Snapping turtle - Mr. Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I unaccountably forgot Denali the Happy Husky, who is now furious with me (in a happy way, of course).

      Delete
  2. A question - on blog-related pet peeves...

    When I comment on a blogspot post, I usually leave my blog address as the last line, since there's no logging in to comment with a website, and I'd like to give others the chance to find me if they choose.

    Is this an irritant? I certainly don't mean it to be; I never considered it to be on the level of selling an anti-itch cream, but you've made me think, and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, first, I loved reading all the names of your dogs! I'm sure Mr. Independent has a story behind it! Fun!

    Second, you're not a spam linker!! I love when you stop by, and I'm glad you leave a link.

    What I'm talking about is honest-to-goodness spammers. I had a period of time where spammers left strange comments on several old posts and they included links to nasty products. I spent hours finding and deleting them all! Since then, I implemented comment moderation after 2 days. It solved the problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill! Sorry you had those bad experiences with spammers. Not fun.

      Mr. Independence - Indie - came with his sister Megan the Tank. They were born to our neighbor's dog, and Barbara was there at their birth. Indie started crawling away as soon as he was able, so Barb christened him Little Miss Independent, thinking he was a she.

      When they came home to us, he developed a unique character. He knows how to be housebroken, but if he feels he's not getting enough attention, he 'forgets'.

      But I don't mind, He went through a life-threatening illness a couple of years ago, and we decided that whatever he does, he's earned the right.

      http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-marriage-dare-five-minute-friday.html

      Delete
    2. Yes, dogs can be persnickety about the bathroom thing. We have puppy pads for when we leave Sophie more than a few hours. I've heard of dogs holding it for hours--not our dog! Megan the Tank and Mr. Independence sound cute!!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!