Friday, March 5, 2010

One Goal Friday

Last year, Jody Hedlund encouraged her readers to list their writing goals each week. I really enjoyed checking in to see what everyone's were and to list my own. Since this month is all about daring to dream, I want everyone to feel empowered. How do you feel about setting ONE goal each Friday?

One goal. Not career related.

What? Is she losing it? Didn't she just say she enjoyed reading other's writing goals?

Of course I did. I'd love to read your food diary, personal journal, and your text messages too. I'm way too interested in other people's lives!

But sometimes we need more than career goals. Sometimes we need...something different. We need to do something that feeds our soul.

So here's the deal. Every Friday, list ONE thing you can do during the week to feel good about yourself.

One Goal Fridays. It might be fun! And if it isn't, well, One Goal Friday will go bye-bye, I promise!

Your goal must not be work related. It can be anything important, fun, or interesting to you. Maybe it's to try that new exercise DVD you purchased in January. Maybe it's to wear something in your closet you haven't worn since last March. Or to download the song you've been singing every morning on the way to work, to play a board game with your oldest child, or plan a special dinner for your spouse. You know what would make you smile. Go on, make that your goal!

So here's mine. Looking at next week's calendar, I can see it's full. I'm signed up to help with several activities at my childrens' school. With that in mind--brace yourselves for this mind-blowing ambition--my goal is to give myself a manicure and pedicure.

Yes, it sounds silly, but I tend to let personal things slide when I'm busy. By taking care of my nails, I'm making a statement that I'm important too.

What is your goal?

Please write your goal in the comments, and check back next week. I'll post everyone's goals next Friday, and we'll see how we did. If you're the super-busy type, maybe this week would be a good time to let yourself off the hook on an unimportant task. For example: To NOT call the cable company about the bill. Sometimes we all need a breather from minor pressures.

(You do not have to participate! Feel free to lurk or even encourage others to meet their goal.)

Enjoy your weekend!

30 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Hmmm...next week I'd like to read a book to my son every evening before bed. That's my goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to write 4k and run 3 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd love to read your food diary, personal journal, and your text messages too. I'm way too interested in other people's lives!" Yes! Me, too!

    My goal is to eat better in the next week. I've done poorly, and I blame it on the weather, but no more. Spring is coming, it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal is to watch my caloric intake more carefully.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMM what a good idea! My goal is to catch up with my 2 god children who only live round the corner but who I have been way to busy to make time for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is on a "warm" sunny day, to take a walk with my daughters and the dog. I did this all last summer and fall and loved it. And I'm excited to start again, but am letting the busyness of life interfere (and, well, the never-ending Michigan winter!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning!

    Guess what? My darling husband got our main PC running again AND I smoothed out the final kink (I hope!) in the wireless router! Hooray!!

    Katie: You'll never regret making time to read to your baby. Cuz in about 10 years, he probably isn't going to let you anymore!

    Jennifer: Run 3 miles for me too, okay? :)

    Janna: Eat better--lofty goal!

    Karen: I hear ya!

    Beauty: Welcome! Wonderful goal! They'll treasure the time.

    Jody: "Warm." Ha! It's all relative, isn't it? I hope you have seven warm days this week!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny, I almost wrote something writing related down. Slaps hand.

    Okay, I will drink more water. How's that?
    or put less sugar in my tea. Nope, I'll go with water. ;)
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get a date night out of my husband.... just the two of us. Ahhhh! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughters are on Spring break, so my goal is to have a girl's night out of dinner and shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goal is to spend three evenings snuggled next to my husband doing nothing else that call for my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah..good idea. I think my goal will be often the same from week to week. Just finding joy in the minute and laughing more with my kiddos. Time with them is passing sooo quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice idea! My goal is to load family pix on the digital frame I got for Christmas and haven't done anything with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to do my P90X workout each day AND make time to read a bedtime story to my kids each night:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFUL and MOTIVATING place here, Jill!

    My goal is to get The Rhythm of Secrets in the hands of my editors by NEXT FRIDAY.

    There. I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anyone else having problems commenting on Blogger today? I've been stone-walled twice!

    Wendy: More water! More sugar! Oops, same amount of sugar, right? :)

    Diane: Oooh, hopefully somewhere romantic!

    Joanne: Shopping with your girls? Fun!

    Tamika: He's a lucky guy!

    Tess: Lofty goals you'll never regret!

    Sally: I would have procrastinated it too. You'll feel great when all those pics are loaded!

    Kara: You're going to be in great shape!! I've heard that's an intense workout!

    Patti: Get the book in her hands! Woo-hoo!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goal for this week...play a board game with my son at least once. Sometimes this, one of his favorite activities, gets put off far too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like this idea, Jill! My goal for next week is to pamper my daughter on her birthday (March 10) - have lunch with her @ school. After all, she's a senior, turning 18 and next year she'll be away @ college!!Have a great weekend! Looking forward to everyone's responses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goal is to work out four days a week. 30 minutes. I can do it.

    Have a great pedicure!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goal will be to look in the mirror and say, "Hello Beautiful." I think I can do that for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome goals! Blogger keeps eating my comments, guys!! Hope this one goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  23. *groan* *moan* *whimper* Stick to my diet. Waaaaaaa I'm so hungry, today I blew it. But tomorrow is another day. So I shall say, "stick to my diet."

    Jill, thanks for all your prayers for Christopher. I need them. We need them. You'll never know how much I appreciate them. Thanks my friend. =) Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My goal for this weekend is to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My goal is to continue to make progress on some house work. (long story)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My goal is to clean out my closet AND spend some time in the sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmmm, good post! I hope you enjoy your pedicure! Not sure what my goals will be. I have to think about it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for stopping by! Check back next Friday and we'll see how we did!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Way cool! Thanks for doing this. I missed it when Jody stopped.

    My goal for this week is to exercise 3 times. I always feel better when I make my body work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a fantastic idea!!! My goal is to finish the book I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!