Monday, May 7, 2012

Party Time!! Katie Ganshert's Debut: Wildflowers from Winter!!

Welcome everyone, I'm thrilled to host Katie Ganshert today. Her debut novel, Wildflowers from Winter, releases tomorrow!! Naturally, we are celebrating it up! Woo-hoo!!


Grab a drink and a snack, and continue down for my video presentation on why you should read Wildflowers from Winter!


Did you have a bite of that scrumptious cake? I want a slice of that! Yum....
Here is why I'm recommending Katie's book:



Hope I convinced you!
Wildflowers from Winter ~

A young architect at a prestigious Chicago firm, Bethany Quinn has built a life far removed from her trailer park teen years. Until an interruption from her estranged mother reveals that tragedy has struck in her hometown and a reluctant Bethany is called back to rural Iowa. Determined to pay her respects while avoiding any emotional entanglements, she vows not to stay long. But the unexpected inheritance of farmland and a startling turn of events in Chicago forces Bethany to come up with a new plan.
Handsome farmhand Evan Price has taken care of the Quinn farm for years. So when Bethany is left the land, he must fight her decisions to realize his dreams. But even as he disagrees with Bethany’s vision, Evan feels drawn to her and the pain she keeps so carefully locked away.

For Bethany, making peace with her past and the God of her childhood doesn’t seem like the path to freedom. Is letting go the only way to new life, love and a peace she’s not even sure exists?

***

About Katie Ganshert:

I’m a slightly-frazzled, ever-inquisitive Midwest gal who’s passionate about Jesus, my family, writing, and all things romance, which is exactly what I write. Stories about flawed, broken characters who find faith and fall in love. When I’m not plotting ways to get my hero and heroine to cross paths, I enjoy watching movies with my hunk of a husband, playing make-believe with my wild-child of a son, hanging out with the crazy but lovable junior high students at my church, and chatting with my girlfriends at Panera®. I could talk books all day and am often spotted around town pushing a stroller, walking my dog, and reading—all at the same time

For more information about Katie and Wildflowers from Winter, head to Katie's website, like her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter!

Thank you SO much for joining the party!!

Did you do anything fun over the weekend?
Have a wonderful Monday!!

36 comments:

  1. Yum! Lovin this party! Great vlog, great book, great author! I'm spreading some chocolate around! Dark. Chocolate. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, chocolate! You knew what my little Monday heart needed! Yay!

      Delete
    2. Dark chocolate is my favorite!

      Delete
  2. Yahooo! I'm so excited for Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in rural Iowa! I'll have to check her book out - big congrats to Katie!

    As for my weekend, we built a new deck (pics on my FB). It's awesome, but I'm still exhausted, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one Iowa native to another, I hope you enjoy the setting Stacy!

      Delete
  4. Love Katie! Love her book! Thanks for hosting the party, Jill. Nothing beats cake for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely, lovely book.We can expect great things from Katie Ganshert! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I'm reading yours right now and I LOVE all the fun historical references - like Mr. Ferris and Marshall Fields. So cool!

      Delete
  6. HA! Your vlogs are awesome. You crack me up, Jill!

    Thanks for throwing the party! I'm starting off with some hot tea, which is sort of lame for a party, but I promise, once I'm warmed up, I'm breaking out the M&Ms and Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved her book. So poignant. You're right, she does has a God-given talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Katie! The book sounds like a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talli! If you get a hold of a copy, I hope you enjoy the story!

      Delete
  9. PAR-TAY! Celebrate good times, come on! I've been dancing this morning. Must be the sunshine or the fact that Katie's book debuts tomorrow. Things like this get me all wild and crazy! :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wild and crazy girl, you! Love your dancing ways.

      Delete
  10. So glad to see you all here today! I'm having watermelon, hot tea, and I'm chasing it with plain M&Ms! Yum!

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVED Katie's book, love Katie, and love that tomorrow is release day! She's worked so hard and now all that work is coming to fruition. Yay, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when it was all kinds of messy?? Thanks for all your help, Erica!

      Delete
  12. Oh fun!! I loved, loved Wildflowers from Winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a party, Jill! Katie, I'm joining you with the hot, I just finished mine (with a little Truvia and Hazelnut creamer)! Looking forward to receiving my copy of Wildflowers from Winter in the mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know when it arrives! Hopefully soon!

      Delete
    2. *hot tea! :) I will let you know and send a picture!

      Delete
  14. The cake looks delish and the I love the juxtaposition of the big city versus small town in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the story if you get a copy, Johanna!

      Delete
  15. Great vlog, Jill! Hurray for Katie! I enjoy reading stories about flawed, real characters.

    Nothing wrong with a little cake for breakfast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm tossing confetti in Katie's honor! I'm soooo happy for her and am eager for readers to get their copies of her book. They are in for a treat because Wildflowers from Winter is an awesome book.

    Katie tells a moving story, one with the powerful message that we can survive the winters of our lives and experience wildflowers as a result. And I'm with you, Jill. Don't read this book without tissues handy. Some of the scenes made me sob. But there are others that made me laugh. And there are some sigh-worthy scenes that made this hard-core romance fan very happy. I love a book that evokes feeling, and Katie's does that big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to throw confetti in July on your behalf Keli!

      Delete
  17. Yay! So great to see more party-goers! Let's all have more cake!!

    Thanks for all the great comments about Katie's book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have an interview in a half hour....so right now I'm nervous and practicing deep, even breathing. Once it's over, I'm so back over here to party like it's 1999.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the interview went well, Katie! I tend to get really loud and giggly in strange situations. It's not pretty. :)

      Happy Release Day!!!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!