Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5 Easy Questions with Lisa Jordan!

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.

Thank you for joining me in welcoming…Lisa Jordan!!

Lisa is one of those writers I can’t wait to meet in person! We met online through mutual friends, and I’m drawn to her down-to-earth, kind spirit. Lisa is a super busy mom, small business owner, and published author. Her debut novel, Lakeside Reunion, released last November through Harlequin Love Inspired and her next book, Lakeside Family, will hit shelves this August! I’m thrilled to have her here today!

Let’s get to it!

1. Beverage of choice?

Water with lemon, skim milk, or vanilla chai tea. Will I be kicked out of the club if I admit I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste? And I'm not much of a pop (yes, I said pop--I'm a Yankee) drinker.

2. Any pets?

Two gold fish named Erma & Gert.

3. Dream vacation?

Any place with my family that includes sand, sun, & surf. One of our favorite vacation spots is Sanibel Island, Florida.

4. What are you listening to right now?

Heavenly Lullabies on Pandora--by day I'm an early childhood educator in my in-home childcare program (no, I'm not a babysitter)--and it's nap time while I answer these questions.

5. What's for dinner?

My son is home for about a week, and he's a culinary arts student, so when he's home he does the cooking. I'm not sure what's on the menu, but I do know it will be wonderful as he's a fabulous chef-in-training.

***

Lisa, you will NOT be kicked out of the club for not liking coffee. I never drank the stuff until a few years ago, and now I’m addicted. Funny, we say “pop” here too! Love the names of your goldfish. I kind of want to say Gert all the time now. :)

Sanibel Island sounds fabulous; we’ve never been there. If the vacation spot involves the beach, I’m always in! And I didn’t realize Pandora had a station to lull children to sleep. Love it! When your son is finished cooking your dinner, send him my way. Thanks so much for being my guest today.

***

Lisa Jordan ~

Married almost 23 years to her real-life hero, Lisa Jordan knows a thing or two about romance. She and her husband have two college-aged sons. When she isn't caring for her family or her Little Darlings in her in-home childcare program, Lisa writes contemporary romance novels for Love Inspired. Her debut novel, Lakeside Reunion, came out in November 2011. Her second novel, Lakeside Family, will be released in August 2012. In her free time (ha!), Lisa enjoys good books, romantic comedies, crafting with friends and feeding her NCIS addiction. You can visit her online at www.lisajordanbooks.com, connect with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.

 ***
I tried a new recipe last night. It’s potato salad with bacon and a homemade blue cheese dressing. Delicious!

What new foods have you tried recently?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

22 comments:

  1. Lisa!!! How fun to see you here! Jill, thanks for interviewing her!

    I say pop, too. (And drink it. Lots.)

    New foods I've tried recently...hmm...lobster dip. Not bad, not bad at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lobster dip--that contains seafood...not my favorite thing. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Lisa! I grew up saying soda, but down here in the south everything is called Coke. Orange coke, Grape coke...it's kinda funny but I'm used to it now.

    Nap time. I loved nap time at the CC center! :) I ate BBQ'd bacon wrapped shrimp for the first time Monday, does that count? It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nap time is my favorite part of the day!! I wish I could lay down on a mat with the Little Darlings but the state kind of frowns on that.

      Even though shrimp is still seafood, I may be able to handle that...maybe I'll be a super sweet wife and make it for hubby for Father's Day.

      Delete
    2. Yay, I love how they say Coke in the South. I was born in Texas, and my parents always said Coke for everything. Teehee.

      Delete
  3. Lisa, could I have some tips on how to turn one of my sons into a cook? *grin* I'm seeing future bliss...LOL
    Sanibel Island is very pretty. Thanks for the interview, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, when my boys were in high school, I made them pick a night each week and fix dinner. My older son started liking cooking, and soon he was cooking more than I was. He tried college, but didn't have dedication to pursue his degree. Finally I sat him down and asked if money was no object, what did he want to do. He said, "Mom, I love to cook." I told him that was passion, and he needed to follow it. So if you want cooks, start them now and teach them the safety and basics of the kitchen. It's a win-win solution. :D

      Delete
  4. YOU DON'T LOVE COFFEE!!!!???? Ok. I'm finished spazzing. We still love you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime, I'm so glad you still love me in spite of my dislike for coffee. It just tastes so bitter to me. And there's something in it that makes me quite sick. So I avoid it, but I love the smell.

      Delete
  5. Totally with you on the hating coffee bit. But I love the smell of Starbucks. :P

    Um, I'm not overly adventurous. I tend to stick with the same foods...I'm with you in hating seafood, but I told my husband I'd try grilled salmon since we just got a grill and he loves fish. Don't know why I agreed to that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindsAy, we are so alike in many ways! I'm a very picky eater, much to my husband's frustration. He loves seafood, but due to my intolerance of the smell, we don't eat it...or fix it here. I need to surprise him one of these days with a seafood feast all for him. It's all about love and sacrifice. :)

      Delete
  6. Ha! I'm a Yankee from NY but lived in the Midwest for 40 years and I still say soda. No pop for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, my older son grew up in our house, in the same area where I grew up, and he says soda. Funny, huh? I live super close to NY. What part of the state are you from?

      Delete
  7. Lisa, nice to meet you. I say "pop" and I'm from Ohio. Soda sounds too fussy, lol. Congratulations on your novels!

    Fun interview, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandi, nice to meet you! Ohio is my neighbor. Thanks for the congrats. :)

      Delete
  8. Loving the conversation here! It's funny how little words change in our dialects, isn't it?

    Lisa--thank you SO much for being here today! I'm sorry you don't like seafood, though. I love most seafood except for salmon--blech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, thanks so much for inviting me. It's been fun reading others' responses.

      I just went fishing with hubby and our boys on Monday for the first time in years. And I caught a brown trout! No, I won't eat it...blech, but I did have some salmon a few weeks ago that had been baked by a friend. I didn't have the heart to tell her I hated fish. To my surprise, I enjoyed it. I bought some to cook some night for dinner. The last time I baked salmon, I found out I was pregnant with DS #2...that was almost 19 years ago. Good thing that can't happen now. ;)

      Delete
  9. Hi Jill! Hi Lisa!

    Love the interview, ladies!

    I've been to Sanibel and Captiva islands. Beautiful resorts! One of my favorite vacation spots also.

    I say "pop" too!

    Great seeing you here on Jill's 5 Q feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loree, I love love love Sanibel and Captiva. I keep telling Hubby I'm going to set a novel down there so I have to go for research. We had hoped to go this summer, but it's not going to happen. Maybe next year.

      Delete
  10. We say pop in Minnesota, too! My sister moved to Colorado seven years ago and she just came home last week and I heard her utter the word soda. *shudder* :) I'm with you on the coffee - I love the smell but don't enjoy the taste.

    So fun to get to know you a little better here, Lisa. Thanks for having her Jill!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!