Wednesday, March 28, 2012

5 Easy Questions with Jeanette Levellie!

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.

Thank you for joining me in welcoming…Jeanette Levellie!!

Jeanette and I met through blogging, and if you aren’t familiar with her, be prepared to fall in love! She’s such a generous, warm, hilarious writer. I’m thrilled to be hosting her—and get this—her debut humor devotion book, Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top, releases April 10! Congratulations, Jeanette!

Let’s get to it!

1. Beverage of choice?

5:30 a.m.: coffee, dark roast, prepared in a French press. My bushy-bearded hero gets up at 4:30 a.m. to grind beans and brings me coffee in bed. In the afternoons, I usually have a cup of Tazo Awake tea, and drink herbal tea and water the rest of the day. I am a water fiend.

2. Any pets?

No pets. But I have four babies wearing fur suits. Rocky is a long-haired white and orange male, who purrs whenever he’s near a human; Happy is a brown tabby who snuggles with Rocky, Puddin’ is a pure black female who hides when company comes, and Jolly is a black and white who’s so gregarious that the neighborhood kids ask if he can come out and play!

3. Dream vacation?

Do they have a cruise to Ireland? When I pay off my car this year, I’m saving for a cruise, and I’ve wanted to visit Ireland for many years. My grandmother was a Kelly, and I’d like to see the thousand shades of green Ireland is famous for.

4. What are you listening to right now?

Nothing. Blissful peace and quiet after a long day at the office supply store I manage. My customers are mostly great, but I get a few who pinch my patience and increase my prayer life. When I see them come in, I beg God for grace, or run to the bathroom and “let” my admin assistant deal with them.

5. What's for dinner?

Tonight I cooked Italian Chicken Chests. This is the only recipe in my book, Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top, which releases April 10th. The recipe accompanies the chapter entitled, Can Preachers Have Sex on Sundays? The reason we call them chicken chests is that, well… you’ll just have to get the book and read it for yourself!

***

Jeanette, your bushy-bearded hero sounds wonderful! Coffee in bed? Yes! And I snorted in laughter about the customers who increase your prayer life. I was a waitress for years, and I know exactly where you’re coming from. Your furry babies sound so sweet! Kitties are my favorite.

I would love to go to Ireland. There must be a cruise, right? It would be amazing to see the green hills from the sea. Is that even possible? I don’t know! It sounds good, though! And I’m dying to read the chapter about the chicken chests. Ha!! Thanks so much for being my guest today!

***

“Nutty with a dash of meat” best describes Jeanette Levellie’s speaking, writing and life. She has published hundreds of humor/inspirational columns, articles, greeting cards, and poems. She also speaks regularly for any size and flavor of group, both secular and Christian, and loves to infuse her messages with mirth and worth. A spunky pastor’s wife, Jeanette is the mother of two, grandmother of three, and waitress of four cats. Her debut humor devotional book, Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top releases in April, 2012 from Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas.

For more information about Jeanette, head to her blog, be friends with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.

February showers brought March flowers here. Is the weather cattywampus (not sure how to spell that gem) where you live? Or is it just Michigan?
Have a wonderful day!

35 comments:

  1. Jeanette, you sound like such a fun, vibrant gal! Wish we could have kitties (we have allergies), but we have a "time share" gregarious neighborhood cat who comes in to pay a visit and nap on our bed from time to time. Yours sound precious! Good luck on the sale of the book, and thanks for the interview, Jill!

    --Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Jeanette's hero gets up at 4.30 am to grind the coffee beans. That's my kind of hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ireland is my dream spot too. Excited for your book release Jeanette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jeanette! So excited for her new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see Jeanette here! I love the cover of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning!

    Kathy: I wish we had a time-share kitty in our neighborhood! I miss having a cat. :)

    Lynn: Doesn't Ireland sound beautiful? I watched "Leap Year" with Amy Adams and the settings were gorgeous. Made me want to go!

    Terri: Me too! Woo-hoo!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie: I know, right?? It's so cute!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A time share kitty--we may have hit on a new money-making venture!

    Jill, shall we book a cruise together? I must see Leap Year; thanks for the tip.

    Thank you all for your gracious, sweet comments. It's an honor to share this day with Jill, and refreshing to have cheerleaders for my book. Bless you for that!

    To coffee, cats, and cruises,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're having cool nights and hot days. I took the kids to the river yesterday to swim. ;-)

    Love the interview! I'm looking forward to reading that chapter, Jeanette. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Jeanette, really enjoyed this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This lady is full of all kinds of encouragement and spunk. My kind of inspiration!

    Wow, that coffee sounds like exactly what I need right now!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was fun and really reinforced how real this woman is. I love the expression "pinch my patience." I watch my 6yrnew old grandson daily...for all the joy there's a always some pinching. Thanks! Tina Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen: Yeah!! Let's book a cruise! We'd have a great time! Maybe we could borrow the time-share kitty to join us? I'd love it!

    Jessica N: I'm sooo ready to swim again. Except I'd have to unleash my bathing suit. Yikes!

    Denise: I do too--thanks for stopping by!

    Wendy: I'm having a 3-4 cup day. I'll share with you. And I'm so with you on Jen's encouragment--she's the best!

    Tina: My patience is "pinched" at times too! Isn't that a great phrase? Love it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun getting to know more about Jeanette! (Shoot, that one chapter title alone is enough to get my attention! ;) )

    Jeanette, you sound like a hoot. Who says we Christian gals don't know how to have fun?! Blessings on your writing ministry.

    Jill, our weather's been lovely here this week. Upper 70's & 80's. But this is the Ozarks, and as you well know, things can change in a heartbeat here.

    Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried to hop over & visit Jeanette, but alas, I was unable to leave a comment. That sometimes happens with some Blogger sites for some reason. :( (My website uses WP & that used to be compatible, but for some reason, Blogger now asks me to sign in to my old WP acct that I no longer use.) Anyway, I so enjoyed your site, Jeanette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun interview!! Loved it. My fam has a dog named Rocky, too. :)

    Weather is amazingly beautiful in Iowa. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun times! The weather is starting to warm up here. The weekend before last brought rain and a cold front, but I think that's moved on. Before I know it, it'll be 100 degrees... :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun interview Jill and Jeanette. I am with you on your #4, I think the value of peace and quiet is under represented in today's society...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that was an awesome chat with Jeanette! A lovely double shot of happiness here!!!

    Thanks Jill and Jeanette!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Tonight I cooked Italian Chicken Chests. This is the only recipe in my book, Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top, which releases April 10th. The recipe accompanies the chapter entitled, Can Preachers Have Sex on Sundays? The reason we call them chicken chests is that, well… you’ll just have to get the book and read it for yourself!"

    LOL! That's awesome. I'm buying this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cool to get to meet Jeanette here. I see her comments over the blogosphere, and she's always so upbeat and encouraging.

    The weather is definitely cattywampus here too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coffee in bed??? I'm sooo jealous!

    Fun interview, Jill and Jeanette!

    I look forward to reading your book...sounds great!

    Weather here is up and down. Today is a sunny, 64 degrees. Last week we had 85 degree weather. The trees and plants are all confused.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun interview. Jeanette's humor shines through. Her book sounds awesome. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You guys are overwhelming me with your love and goodness--thank you so much!

    I had an editor tell me I should thitle the book Can Preachers Have Sex on Sundays, but I said, "ha, ha, ahem..." I can't have people thinking they're getting a sex manual for clergy and spouses, nor could I keep up with the tacky emails if I did that. One chapter is enough!

    Jill, you can spell catywampus however you want to, honey! I also love "discombobulated."

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cynthia: We DO know how to have fun, don't we?? :) I've been having trouble commenting on WP sites this week--must be something crazy going on in cyber space--blech. :(

    Melissa: I didn't realize you were in Iowa. My sister lives there--she gets extreme weather. Hope yours isn't too bad!

    Lindsay: I imagine you spend a lot of the summer indoors? Kind of like our winter in reverse!

    Slamdunk: Silence is such a beautiful thing. I treasure it!

    Cheryl: I know--Jeanette's a hoot! Love her!

    Jessica P: I know!! Every time I read that line I start laughing! Awesome!!

    Erica: It's true. Jen is a cheerleader--she's always encouraging! :)

    Loree: The weather is confused here too. Our trees are all flowered, which they usually wait a few more weeks. :(

    Keli: Doesn't it sound funny? Love it!

    Jen: Discombobulated *snicker, snicker* :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm with you about visiting Ireland! I think spring has mostly made her arrival here in Utah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jill & Jeanette -

    As a lifetime member of the Jeanette Levellie Fan Club, I can say she's just as special in person as online. I read the ARC, and this book gives new meaning to ROFL!

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now how did I know I wasn't *really* going to find out about those chicken chests today??? You're such a tease, Jen!! This was a fun interview -- thanks, Jeanette and Jill. I'm looking forward to the April release.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun devotional book. I'm sure that's not easy to balance the humor with the spiritual/emotional needs. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stacie: Ooo, Utah! I've heard it's gorgeous there year round. Glad spring has sprung!

    Susan: A lifetime member of the Jeanette fan club?? I want in on that! Ha! And I have no doubt you're correct about the ROFL!!

    Carol: Jen's such a tease, isn't she? I'm still laughing at the chapter title! Ha!

    Laura: Some people have a gift for mixing humor with devotions and Jen is that person. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You guys made my day, my week, my life! I read the "final" proof of Two Scoops last night and was anything but ROTFL; I found 17 mistakes that three editors and eight beta readers hadn't noticed. Publishing is Not for Wimps. Hey, that sounds like a book title...

    Thanks, Jill, for your gracious hostessing. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great interview, Jill. Wish I could go to Ireland, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jill, it's nice to meet you. I'm happy to have found your blog through Jeanette's blog! I just signed up to follow you.

    Jeanette, I have a white and orange long-haired fur-baby, too. He's got a lot of personality and is always on the go.

    I'm excited about your book and look forward to checking out your "chicken chest" recipe. The picture on your blog looks scrumptious! (I will pounce on any opportunity to use the word "scrumptious.") Be well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jill:
    In central Indiana, today is a sweatshirt day. I hear tomorrow it's to be in the 80's. I wonder if our seasons have gotten turned around.

    Jeanette:
    Your Hubby sounds very thankful to have you to share his life with. I only get meals in bed when I am sick. :) I am still reading the book. I am having a hard time finding out which one story I like best. They are all excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nancy: Me too! I bet it's gorgeous this time of year, too!

    Janette: Thanks so much for popping over, and thanks for following! My google friend connect isn't allowing me to e-mail, so I'll welcome you here!

    QuietSpirit: Our seasons are upside down too! Although this week has been cooler and more normal. :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!