That little imp, Cupid, sometimes strikes a person with an ambition. Anyone who writes, knows what I'm talking about!
How do you know the love bug has hit?
- Your thoughts can't seem to focus on anything but the idea for a new book jogging around your brain.
- Your palms get sweaty with anticipation as you sit at your computer.
- You burst into laughter while rolling the shopping cart at the grocery store--the laughter is because you just realized your main character is about to do something crazy.
- You keep a protective eye on your memory stick at all times.
- Ink and computer paper cost more than your monthly gas bill, but what's money when you need to print your first draft?
- When you send your latest to your critique partner, you feel worse than the day your child first headed to pre-school.
- Until you hear back from your critique partner, you boomerang between fervent hope and self-loathing.
- Sometimes, when you get in the zone writing, you forget to eat lunch. Notice I said sometimes.
- Your characters are so vivid in your mind, you still think about one from six books ago.
- Your favorite authors are your rock stars.
What's a sure sign you've been hit by the writing love bug?
Join me on Wednesday when we'll continue our romance of writing.