Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year I have so much to be thankful for.

I'm going to leave out the obvious and concentrate on the things I'm thankful for in regards to writing.


I'm very thankful for the members of the writing groups I belong to. I've made wonderful friendships with people who "get" me and encourage my writing efforts. What an incredible blessing!


I'm thankful for the rejections I received this year. They were gifts. The first rejection made me face my demons. It also dealt my doubts a death blow. Try saying that five times really fast! The second one motivated me to ramp up my game. I've been studying books on craft, asking advice, and relying on other people's honest criticism of my writing as a result. Another gift.


I'm thankful for the time I have to devote to my writing. I'm thankful for the internet, the library, all of the bookstores, and every other source which I use to research and enlighten my mind.


I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Eat lots of Turkey. Overload on pumpkin pie. Don't get into too many fights with your loud-mouthed uncle. And, at the end of the day, be thankful.


Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!