Monday, March 24, 2014

Momentum Builders

There I was, making terrific headway with my exercise program, taming the problems in my manuscript, and generally keeping up with life. But, as you know, life happens and instead of keeping up, I jogged behind it, gasping for air.



I might have lost momentum, but nothing came to a halt. Why? Small steps. 

The other day I took my dog for a fifteen minute walk around the neighborhood. Not as intense as my previous workouts, but it kept my body moving. 

My manuscript? I threw out my normal daily goals and worked on it for an hour when possible. All those here-and-there's added up. I've gotten through another round of revisions. 

What about the tasks I dread? Like balancing my checkbook, paying bills, planning a week's worth of meals, and the daunting pile of laundry--I forced myself to Just Do It (Nike inspires me). I realize the athletic clothing giant didn't intend to kick my buns into basic house management gear, but hey, the list above felt like a marathon!

The last month has been way out-of-whack for me, but by doing small momentum builders, I'm on track to catch up soon. Hooray!

How do you stay on track when life laughs at you?

I won't be moderating comments today, but please leave one!  

Have a fabulous Monday!

7 comments:

  1. You know my answer. I laugh back! I loved the title of this one, Jill. I've found it invaluable to learn to be flexible and to take care of myself when needed.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. being flexible, Jill! And what an inspiration that you were able to use all those little bits of time to accomplish some big goals! Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, what great reminders to simply keep moving forward! Ahhhh...I needed this today. This week has several crazy deadlines, so you've inspired me to simply keep moving. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I let myself take a break and not feel guilty about it. Sometimes I remind myself how much else I've already done this week, too, and it helps. Taking away the guilt is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, I loved this. Thanks for the reminder that small steps still count. They matter and provide forward movement/momentum. I love hearing the things you've accomplished in the last month. I appreciate the encouragement to keep moving forward, even if it's with small steps. Glad you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, I am new to your blog. This was an encouragement to me, to just keep on keeping on. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by, Debi! Thanks so much!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!