Monday, March 31, 2014

End of March Smiles

Can I tell you how much I loved yesterday? I love, love, loved yesterday! First of all, I was able to drink coffee and watch Pioneer Woman before church--my favorite way to spend a weekend morning. Lots of babies and kids attended the service, which made me happy, and the sermon spoke right to my heart.

Sophie wouldn't pose for me on the walk, so I found this older shot of her!


Our weather has been so cold and miserable all year, but we were blessed with a fifty degree day and sunny to boot!

Sophie and I took a three-mile walk by the river in the afternoon. The trees are still bare and the path had slight remnants of ice, but the sound of birds twittering all around reminded me spring really is on its way. Boy, am I ready for it!

The walk posed a wee problem. Mini-dachshund's legs are very close to the ground. Sophie's belly and chest were caked with mud. She went straight to the bathtub when we got home. :)

Another nice thing about the weekend? Homemade meals. Our weekends have been packed all year. It felt great to take my time and make a pot of chili, a batch of pumpkin muffins, and a roast. 

Did you have a nice weekend? Anything stand out that made you smile?

*I won't be around to moderate today, but please leave a comment! I love reading your thoughts.*

Have a fabulous day!

12 comments:

  1. I was a Marie on the Prairie this weekend. I baked two loaves of bread, honey wheat with oatmeal and sourdough from my own sourdough starter. I also made my own butter, baked a Depression cake with the buttermilk left over from making butter. I also made real whipped cream. And yeah, I gained a pound, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're speaking my language, CJ! I'm all about gaining a pound if it involves homemade goodies!

      Delete
  2. We're having that warm day today! YEAH! And I am in love with the sound of birds reappearing...starting to feel like spring. (Of course, the rest of the week will strive to hit mid 30s, but it's coming!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to take the good days when we get 'em, right? :)

      Delete
  3. I had a SUPER nice weekend...especially after a week of being sick. Friday I went to bed super early, which was awesome. Saturday I wrote ALL day and it was one of those writing days where everything felt perfect and the characters surprised me and I went to bed feeling good about what I accomplished. Yesterday I traveled up to my hometown and helped my parents with yard work on their little acreage. Also, it was a mega milestone: My dad let me operate the riding lawn mower for the first time ever. It's like I'm finally all grown up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! This time of year is bad for sickness. :( Hope you're feeling better. That's great that you were able to get so much done, though! And you're a big girl, riding the mower! Ha!!

      Delete
  4. Sunday was a very nice day. Our church hosted a group from Columbus, Ohio, We had at least 60 young people perform a play, called Tetelestai. Tetelestai is greek for it is finished. They perfomred itSaturday night and Sunday afternoon. We loved the musical. They loved us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a springlike weekend in NM. It was nice.

    LOVE the picture of Sophie!

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2014/03/marriage-and-loyalty.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, good weather always spreads cheer! Thanks!!

      Delete
  6. What a cute fur-baby you have, Jill. Looks like she has lots of personality! We had the most miserable weekend (in terms of weather): Rain, rain, sleet, SNOW, then more rain! Ugh. Yesterday and today are sunny and up to 60, and it's amazing how much that boosts one's spirits. What a weird, snowy winter we've had - very unusual for our area. We are all looking forward to spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had too much snow! Make it stop!! I'm glad you finally got the sunny, mild weather too. It's actually 55 already here! Woo-hoo!!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!