I know school's almost out when...
1. I debate if the kids really need a lunch before slapping peanut butter on bread and tossing random pantry items into the bag. These meals aren't good, folks.
2. My pale skin scares me in the mirror. Haven't had time to soak the Vitamin D in, but summer clothes are on my body. It's like staring at a car accident. Can't look away, but you're cringing the whole time.
3. I ask, "Do you have homework?" and walk out of the room before they reply.
4. Bedtime for my youngest pushes back so far, he's staying up as late as I am.
5. I actually considered not setting the alarm last night. As if it's an option? Where is my head at??
6. I'm mentally planning all our day trips to the beach, an afternoon at the zoo, a tour of the art museum, but forgetting all the "I'm bored" declarations coming soon.
7. The stack of books and magazines I bring home from the library is twice the normal size.
8. Every meal involves the crock pot, a sandwich item, or comes from a freezer bag. Baseball. Summer. No time to cook.
What says School's Almost Out to you?
Have a fantastic weekend!!