Sunday rolled around, and I'm not going to lie, I was a bit sad football was over. *sigh*
But...the 55th Annual Grammy Awards and the mid-season premier of The Walking Dead were scheduled, so I figured I would survive.
I didn't watch the entire Grammy Award's show, but I caught enough to think huh. And the episode of The Walking Dead? Not my favorite.
Here are some things I just didn't get.
1. Jennifer Lopez's dress. An ill-fitting, shredded Hefty bag? You can see it on this MTV link.
2. Jack White's performance. All I could think the entire time I watched it was--opium den? In a backwoods shack, perhaps?
3. Adele's dress. Yikers. You can see it on this Huffington Post link.
4. Unnecessary exposure. Katie Perry and Rihanna, please cover the girls up.
No, I'm not a grouchy old hag (well, okay, I am). There was plenty to like about the Grammy's, and Bruno Mars topped my list. He's an amazing live performer. The tribute to Dave Brubeck with "Take Five" made my night! I also thought Taylor Swift was adorable, and I loved how she sang along to all the performances. Carrie Underwood always keeps it classy in the dress department, and I hope more starlets will take their cues from her.
Moving on to The Walking Dead. (Spoiler alert!!)
5. Andrea. She's on my nerves.
6. When Rick and company went on a mission to save Glen and Maggie (previous episode), they left the prison manned with a crippled elderly man, a middle-aged woman, a shady convict, an older teen girl, a young teen boy, and a baby? Really? You wouldn't leave one of your stronger, reliable men to help defend the prison? Okey-dokey.
7. Rick is going crazy? Again? I realize it's only been one week since Laurie died in childbirth and was eaten by a zombie, but this storyline doesn't work for me. Unless you introduce a new character who is a psychiatrist to the group, I don't get it, I probably won't get it, so let's make this storyline go away.
8. No one trusts Michonne even though she's helped them, but they trust the the new people in the prison enough to give them shovels to bury their dead? Yes. Smart move.
I miss the revelations, zombie killing, and heightened danger of the first two seasons. Yes, they are kind of safe in the prison, but the whole show has a dreary feel to it and with so few original characters left, it's hard to root for their survival. I'm glad new characters have been introduced, and I'm hoping the depressed vibe dissipates soon. I also want more answers to how the outbreak started, how long zombies can survive, and what the future holds.
So there you go. Sorry I'm such a snarky meanie sometimes. Was there anything you just didn't get this week? Please share!
Have a terrific Wednesday!