Once or twice a week I scour the online editions of a selection of major newspapers. Out of the hundreds of headlines, I tend to only read 2-3 articles. These are the three I read this week.
Photo by NS Newsflash
1. According to the Wall Street Journal, the #1 deal-breaker in marriages is...wait for it...
If you'd like more information, you can catch the video HERE. A few of the insights made perfect sense to me.
- Women tend to nag more than men, and we do it because we feel ignored.
- Men tend to shut down when being nagged, and they're less likely to follow orders when we nag.
- When hit with the urge to nag, we should ask ourselves if it's a reasonable request and if we can trust that our husband will handle it.
2. I had a pithy response to the outcry over Mitt Romney's 2010 tax receipts, but the issue at hand is far more complex than I wish to delve into. I will say this, I'm surprised none of the candidates has taken the opportunity to push a flat-tax-rate agenda. Maybe time will tell...
Insert butterflies and rainbows: In my fantasy world, taxes would be fair to everyone, simple to file, and wouldn't discourage anyone from pursuing the American dream.
3. And onto even more pressing news, last week's issue of UsWeekly says Russell Brand might be sharing a tell-all book about his brief marriage to Katy Perry. All I can say is the guy has crazy eyes and I'm not sure why she married him in the first place. Do we really need to know all of their dirty secrets? (I'm not answering that, because the fact I subscribe to UsWeekly effectively condemns me. I probably DO need to know all of their dirty secrets.)
So that's it.
What news interested you this week?
Have a fabulous Friday!!