Wednesday, November 2, 2011

5 Easy Questions with Tracy Madison!


Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or  best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.

Thank you for joining me in welcoming… Tracy Madison!!

Tracy and I met when I moved back to Michigan four years ago. At the time she was president of MVRWA, and she soon signed with Dorchester for her first book, A Taste of Magic. Since then, she's published three more books in the Magic series, and this month marks her first book release through Harlequin Special Edition! Miracle Under the Mistletoe is available now. Tracy has such a warm, fun voice--you're in for a treat with any of her books.

Let's get to it!

1. Beverage of choice?

Coffee. Always coffee. If for some reason, coffee isn’t available, then I’ll make do with tea.

2. Any pets?

Yes, we have two cats (Briar & Ellie), and two dogs (Sadie & Holly). Briar owns the house, even over the dogs, which cracks me up.

3. Dream vacation?

I’ve always dreamed about going to Ireland. Someday!

4. What are you listening to right now?

My dog (Holly) snoring in her sleep, and a fan I always turn on when I’m going to write. It works as white noise for me.

5. What's for dinner?

We all have colds, so the traditional homemade chicken noodle soup is on the menu.

*** 

Tracy, I love coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoons, and I really want to borrow your cats. Then Briar could rule the house in peace for a few days, right? :) Ireland sounds fabulous with all that lush, green scenery, plus, I enjoy the Irish accent.

You're the first writer here who admits to using white noise, and what a great idea to use a fan. I rarely write with music or television on, but the noise of construction sometimes bothers me. Next time it does, I'll drag a fan in here. And so sorry your household is under the weather. It's been a rough fall for illness. Hope you feel better. Thanks so much for being my guest today, and congratulations on your release!

***

Miracle Under the Mistletoe

Grady and Olivia Foster shared everything—passion, friendship and a soul-deep connection that made their marriage blissful. Then tragedy struck when a drunk driver stole the life of their young son Cody just days before Christmas. Olivia begged for space to heal. But space became estrangement, and now, as Christmas approaches again, Olivia fears it's time to call it quits.

But Grady's not giving up without a fight. He'd given her space. Now he's determined to give her what she really needs—all the desire, devotion and tireless love it takes to heal their loss and rekindle the spark that once made them the perfect couple…whether Olivia likes it or not! To save their love, he'll pull out all the stops…and pray for a Christmas miracle.




Tracy Madison is an award-winning author who lives with her husband, four kids, and too many pets. A night-owl by nature, Tracy tends to write when the rest of her household is asleep. She happily admits her addiction to coffee, reading, online shopping, and reality television (of the cooking variety). When she isn't writing, Tracy is likely to have her nose buried in a book. To learn more about Tracy, head to her website and be friends with her on Facebook.

I started writing a new book, and it's been challenging and exciting. What are you working on this week?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

21 comments:

  1. Great to meet you, Tracy! I love Christmas books. This looks great. I use a fan at night to sleep, but never had it on to write!

    Jill, yay on starting a new book. There's something special about that isn't there? :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello, Tracy. Miracle Under The Mistletoe sounds like a fantastic storyd. Hope you and your family are feeling better soon. And how exciting, Jill on starting a new book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of white noise to be helpful but sleeping! LOL I used romance music this month when I was doing a romantic scene.A first.
    I just sent my work to my CPs and will think on a new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy,

    Love the twist of your cat ruling the dogs, but poor puppies! Feel better soon.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jessica! I actually got the idea to use the fan while I write because I use one to sleep. It works well for me, especially with such a full house.

    Thanks, Em-Musing :) It seems every year we all come down with an autumn cold, but we're getting better.

    Hi, Terri! I learned a few books back that I can't write with music, television, or what I call "real" noise in the background. So I use the fan or nature sounds (rainfalling, etc) through my headphones.

    LOL, Connie. Briar is an "Alpha" cat...he is definitely in charge.

    Nice to meet you too, Katie!

    And Jill, thank you so much for having me here today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning!

    Jessica P: I know, isn't that a clever idea? I might have to try it! And thanks about the new book. I spazzed out over it for hours yesterday. First chapters and I aren't on friendly terms. :)

    Em: Doesn't it look like a tear-jerker? Mm-mm! And thank you about my new book. I'm excited!

    Terri: Yay! I love manuscripts in my in-box!!

    Connie: Poor puppies? When she was a puppy, my mini-dachshund terrorized our old cat. I think Sophie thought Cookie was a huge stuffed animal. :)

    Katie: Thanks for coming over--loved the survey on your blog Monday!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy! We must be typing at the same time! Thanks SO much for being my guest. Your new book looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister has to use a fan. Too cute about your dog snoring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning!

    I love coffee drinkers- we are just cool people:)

    I'm starting a new novel this month and I need to find some white noise to drown out the blank screen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you, Tracy. I need to have white noise too, if not music. I can edit in silence, but if I'm writing, something's got to be in the background.

    LOL about your dog snoring. Our Golden will snore sometimes and smack his lips.

    Congrats on your Harlequin release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thanks Jill. Grady and Olivia will always have a special place in my heart after writing their story. Sometimes I forget they're not real people...

    Hi, Jessica! Holly is either asleep and snoring or begging to be played with. And I'm so used to the sound of the fan now, I'm not sure I could easily "lose myself" in my writing without it!

    I so agree, Tamika...coffee people are the best. Good luck with your new novel!

    Nice to meet you too, Stacy! I can edit with all sorts of noise around me, even the television. But for deep writing, I can only handle complete silence or white noise. Which means I'm a pain to live with at certain times, lol.

    I love Goldens! And thanks for the congrats. I love this book and am so excited that it's out in the world now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracy! Hi Jill!

    Interesting that you use white noise to write by. The white noise is something I use to go to sleep.

    Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. White noise drives me absolutely insane, especially when I'm trying to sleep. It just adds to the layer of sounds. I sometimes wonder how to block out all noises, entire sensory deprivation. To me, that would be lovely. Unless, of course, I'm hearing the sound of the coffeepot brewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you, Tracy. I hope you're all feeling better at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a cool story premise, Tracy! And great interview, Jill. I want to go to Ireland :) It looks soooo pretty and filled with amazing culture and history.

    My plans for this week? Send out a query letter, write more of a story I NEED to finish, and prepare some blog posts for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Tracy! I love the premise of your new book. Sound romantic and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jessica N: Snoring dogs are cute!

    Tamika: A blank screen is frightening! Good luck!

    Stacy: Do you have a preference on music while you write?

    Tracy: I know, I started thinking about characters of mine from a few years ago, and I almost started crying about what they went through! They seem so real. :)

    Loree: So you're saying the white noise might hinder your writing? :)

    Jill: There's nothing better than the drip, drip of coffee brewing--oh, except for the aroma!

    Erica: Colds and viruses have been rampant here. Hope it doesn't spread.

    Cindy: You are awesome. Seriously, just had to say that! Have fun with the story you need to finish--I agree and I can't wait to read it!

    Jennifer: Doesn't it? I love a strong, insistent man. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to meet you, Tracy! I agree with Jill...What a great idea to run a fan while you write. I do that in my kids' rooms while they sleep...not sure why I never thought of using one for myself, LOL.

    I hope your family is on the mend soon! We've got gunky colds in my house too...Can we join you for that soup? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh. I responded to everyone and nothing posted. Hopefully, it shows up. BUT...in case it doesn't:

    Thanks to everyone for welcoming here today. It is sooo appreciated, and we have plenty of soup to go around.

    Nice to meet everyone and anyone else who is going through the gunky colds--feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah: I wish I would have had a fan this morning to drown out the lady yelling into her cell phone. :)

    Tracy: Blogger ate my comments a few days ago--I'm sorry! Loved having you here. Thanks again!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!