|I took this picture on a walk this summer. All that luscious green!|
To combat the negative spiral of "winter thinking," I made a list of things that inspire me because I need all the inspiration I can get this time of year.
- My houseplants are the only green around me, and I'm thankful for them.
- New music from the library gets me out of a funk. I'm enjoying a few soundtracks at the moment. (Thanks for Sharing soundtrack and Dan in Real Life soundtrack)
- Healthy black bean dip puts a smile on my face (Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip recipe linked).
- Fruit smoothies in the morning do too!
- I still try to get outside for a quick walk with Sophie if it isn't raining and if the temperatures are above thirty.
- Strong women get me motivated. I cut out a picture of Allison Sweeney (featured in last month's Redbook) and pinned it to my bulletin board. She's healthy and real. I like that.
- Favorite Bible passages lift me up. I write them on index cards and keep them in my office.
- Daydreams help too. It's fun to think of the future, the more outrageous, the better!
- Sports. Practices, games, and all the running in between get me out of the house and talking to other parents.
So many things inspire me! I just have to stop focusing on winter and start focusing on the good stuff!
What inspires you?
Have a terrific day!