Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cheap Date: The Garden Center

On Sunday my hubby and I went to the fun store in our area--The Andersons--to buy flowers and vegetables. I love days when the sun is shining, we aren't on a deadline, and it's just the two of us. We went in with a plan and a coupon (I love coupons!!). We meandered. Judged the geraniums gorgeous. Ruled the impatiens perfect for our big pots.



After a quick lunch at the Tony Packo's cafĂ© inside, we headed back outdoors and purchased all of our vegetable plants and flowers. Imagine my delight when I saw a mama duck with a dozen fuzzy ducklings waddling next to us. Who knew a duck family lived in the garden center? :)

 Next up we went to Home Depot for their holiday deals on mulch and potting soil. Yes, I had another coupon! Whoop!

It took my husband and I three hours to select and purchase all of our gardening supplies. Best three hours of my week. That's my kind of date. So far, the bunnies haven't eaten my veggie plants, but I'm keeping an eye on them. :)

Do you have an off-the-wall perfect date activity? Please share!

Enjoy your Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. The Eldest was away for the weekend. The Young One was working. Himself had the day off. It was pouring buckets so we went to the movies and lunch! And we held hands in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, how nice, Ceejay! I love holding hands in the movie theatre. It never gets old. :) What movie did you see?

      Delete
  2. Okay, too funny. I was supposed to buy flowers this spring but the library book sale came to town and swallowed up all the money I intended to spend on flowers. So I'm appreciating the ones in our yard. :D

    Off-the-wall...we've done pottery--does that count? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I know all about other things swallowing up the budget! Yes, pottery counts. Of course it counts! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you and your husband know how to embrace the quiet moments of life and enjoy the simple pleasures that come your way, Jill. Gwynly and I often have fun on that kind of date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple pleasures bring me a ton of joy, Keli! I love hearing about you and Gwynly's adventures on Facebook!

      Delete
  4. Those are the PERFECT kinds of days! Wanna know what we do on our anniversary? We usually go hiking! Yep, get dirty and sweaty, keeping it simple.

    So glad you and hubby had a great day together. Good luck with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. That is so nice. I, unfortunately, am not good with plants. For Mother's Day each year, my daughter and my husband pick out flowers and plant them for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!