Wednesday, January 4, 2012

5 Easy Questions with Kristina Knight!

Every Wednesday, I ask a writer the same five easy questions. In an effort to support and promote fellow wordsmiths, I feature authors who write a variety of genres, from sweet inspirational to mainstream thrillers. The writers themselves may be aspiring, published, or best-selling--all have made an impact on my life.

Thank you for joining me in welcoming…Kristina Knight!!

Kristina and I met through Maumee Valley RWA and quickly bonded. She has a sassy, quick sense of humor, a huge heart, and she shares my addiction to the Middleton sisters and the royal princes. Kristina oozes patience, especially when dealing with my exuberant brainstorming ideas. Let’s just say I threw out a plot twist involving killing a sister—I believe pirate coins were involved--and Kristina still talks to me. I can't wait to read her contemporary romance novels. Here's to 2012 being your year, Kristina!

Let’s get to it!

1. Beverage of choice?

Coke. All the way. Although I'm trying to switch to Coke Zero because I'm not getting any younger and those calories are settling in places they don't belong! Also Cherry-Limeaide from Sonic on really hot summer days...or days I want to *pretend* it's summer.

2. Any pets?

One dog - who is officially 20 years old this month. She's a wonder dog - although she's mostly blind and only listens selectively. Everyone asks how we've kept her healthy: Yearly vet appointments, WalMart-brand dog food and when she was younger we walked. A lot.

3. Dream vacation?

Anywhere warm. Last December we took a family cruise to the Carribbean and that was wonderful...I'm wishing I had another cruise to look forward to lately.

4. What are you listening to right now?

Christmas music. I can't seem to get enough. I've regained my love of the old holiday hymns this year, songs like 'Let There Be Peace On Earth' and the classic hymn-styled 'Silent Night' have gotten a lot of play. Usually I'm an eclectic listener, though - pop, classics, country, contemporary Christian...it all gets played in my house!

5. What's for dinner?

I've been on a crockpot kick lately - and I'm been slammed with work, which makes the crockpot the easy choice. Tonight it's barbecue ribs, homemade mac-n-cheese (because everybody needs a little mac-n-cheese in life!) and some steamed green beans. Or maybe broccoli...that extra cheese from the mac needs to go somewhere.

***

Kristina, I love Coke, but I too have made the switch this January, except I went to Diet Coke. We’ll see how long it lasts. And I am so with you on a cruise! The Caribbean sounds fabulous right now, especially since snow flurries swirl outside and the temps dipped to the twenties. We could call it a brainstorming cruise. I won’t even bring up pirate coins or psychotic sisters!

Your dinner makes my mouth water. I would skip the green beans and go with the broccoli. Like you said, the extra cheese from the mac DOES need to go somewhere! Thanks so much for being my guest today. Give your pooch an extra big hug too, okay?



Once upon a time, Kristina Knight spent her days running from car crash to fire to meetings with local police - no, she wasn't a trouble-maker she was a journalist. When the opportunity to write what she wanted - business and family/parenting articles - and to focus a bit of energy on the stories in her head, she jumped at it. And she's never looked back. Now she writes articles for magazines and such by day and writes romance novels with spice by night. And any toddler-free, five minute break she has. She lives on Lake Erie with her husband, 3 year old daughter and 20 year old fur-kid. Happily ever after. To learn more about Kristina, stop by her blog, be friends with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.

All month on my author Facebook page, I'm posting tips on how to stay motivated to meet our goals. I'd love for you to stop by and join the conversation. If you have a tip, hop over and please share!!

What are you looking forward to this year?
(My big dreams for this year include signing a book contract, possibly moving into a different home, and celebrating my oldest heading to high school this fall!)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

***

21 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Kristina! I love the art of the crockpot meal for writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina...I'll take some mac'n'cheese please. When my Eco Maya Writer Retreat opens (it's on the Rivera Maya-Caribbean) you're invited to come and stay as long as you want. No snow flakes here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking mac-n-chees may make it to brainstorming in the fall...and your retreat sounds better every day, Em!

    Laura, the crock-pot has saved dinner too many time to count!

    Jill, we share one big dream - a book contract! - for this year..and whacked out sisters and pirate coins or not, your a great brainstorming partner! I think if bebe were ready for high school, I'd be crying and trying to turn back the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 20 year old dog! Wow! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning!! And, wow, it's 2012!

    Laura: First of all, I LOVE your new profile picture!! It's so pretty. And secondly, guess who else has a crockpot meal on right now? Oh, yeah!

    Em: The exotic retreat sounds like a slice of heaven right now. It's a solid 24 degrees and gray here. :)

    Kristi: Aw, thanks! And I do get panicky and sad when I think about high school. It's like when I had to pack the baby clothes away--tough!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie: I know--20 years!! It's like a wonder dog! We have a guinea pig who will turn 5 next month, and I think that thing has lived longer than most. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come to dinner, Kristi? Sounds so yummy! Stay warm and keep yourself pointed toward your goals. I know good things are coming your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristina, Yeah Coke! We have that debate a lot around here...coke vs. pepsi. I say Coke all the way. Your dog's age encourages me. We have a 12yo. And I love my crockpot.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my crockpot, too! And the 20 year old wonder dog sounds like a sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute interview! I definitely need to learn how to use my crockpot. Heh. And I love, love Coke but it gives me cold sores. Wah!
    Hope 2012 is the year for you! (And Jill, can't believe you were considering offing a sister!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to meet you! I'm a fan of crock pot cooking too. I tried the Chicken and Dumplings. Not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A cruise to a warm place - with a beach - sounds lovely! Crockpot cooking is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Kristi! Mmm... homemade mac 'n cheese is a favorite staple around my house too. I'm making it today, as a matter of fact!

    I'm with you both on the book contract this year! I would love for everyone who's been working so hard toward becoming published to make some serious progress this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Kristina! I can only hope that my dog lives to twenty. I just love her so much!

    It's nice to meet you ~ I'm following on Twitter now. :)

    Thanks for the interview, Jill! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie: Lovely sentiments--and I'm throwing it right back your way!

    Wendy: Although I'm a Coke-a-holic, I love Pepsi too. Must be a cola thing!

    Elizabeth: I have chicken thighs and carrots brewing in mine as we speak!

    Jessica N: No Coke for you? Boo!! And you would be surprised at some of my not-so-nice book ideas!!

    Jessica P: I'm a failure at dumplings. I won't try that one!!

    Stacie: Doesn't a beach sound magnificent?? :)

    Ayda: I hope all of our friends get published this year--wouldn't that be awesome??

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you Kristina. Sadly I'm terrible about crockpot cooking. I tend to improvise more than plan. The Caribbean cruise sounds amazing right now… it was 5 this morning. Another great one Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristina and Jill, I have such a weakness for mac and cheese! And I think you should definitely write "The Distracted Writer's Crockpot Cookbook," LOL.

    Thanks for a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, Cherry-Limeade...If only I hadn't moved to a part of the country that has NO Sonic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Sonic. It's all about the ice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tiffany: I hope my dog lives that long too! She's such a fun girl!

    P.W.: I am so with you. It's been unseasonably warm here, but I know snow and ice will be coming soon. A cruise would be wonderful!

    K.B.: Love it! We could make all kinds of fun concoctions!

    Erica: Oh no! You need to have a Sonic. We got one last year. Their ice cream is yummy!

    Julie: I've heard they use a special ice. Like little nuggets or pellets? Mmm...

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I must admit that I have never heard of Sonic! Thanks for introducing me to Kristina and those are great goals. I'll need to check out your facebook page!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!