Last week, I told you my motto: Dream Big. (Still haven't come up with a theme song...) You responded with amazing words to live by. They were so great, I had to share them!
Beth from This Mommy's Life: "Finish the drill!"
Wendy from All in a Day's Thought: "I break for nothing."
Tess from Tess Hilmo: "You are good. You can be great. I think you will be."
Erica from On the Write Path: "One bite at a time--but make it a big bite."
Em from Em-Musing: "I want it all!"
Brittany from A Penny for My Thoughts: "Prepare for the impossible because those are the dreams God brings to fruition."
Danyelle from Myth-Takes: "Keep breathing. Laugh at the mountains I'm facing and get those feet moving."
Regina from Regina Rythym: "Do what you love. Do it in excellence."
I love those mottos. Strong, inspiring, and words I can live by. Thanks for sharing them!
You also shared your goals, and I was blown away by the commitment and excitement you all poured into the comments. I've compiled the highlights from your comments. These are the goals you will complete before December 31, 2009.
- finish rewriting and editing current manuscript
- finish writing first draft
- put together Christmas card before the holiday :) (Love this one!)
- finish work in progress by end of November
- complete NaNo
- polish current manuscript and send to agent
- begin new children's book, write three poems, and take on three new clients (Go! You can do it!)
- write 85K by end of year (Woo-hoo!!)
- get through edits without dissolving into tears (I know THAT feeling!)
And my favorite:
- Enjoy each and every day!
Your excitement is contagious. If your energy flags as the holidays snowball in, don't despair and don't give up. Anytime you need a "go get 'em tiger" boost or if you want to share an awesome achievement, feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We don't have to reach our goals alone!
Join me on Wednesday when we'll discuss ways to prepare for the revision stage.