Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Joys of Writing Buddies

The phrase writing buddies brings the warm fuzzies to my heart. Where would I be without the friends who share my passion for writing?


Facedown in the snow with a puddle of drool forming around my mouth?


Hopefully not.


I'll be the first to admit I adore sitting home alone for hours working on my latest manuscript. I fantasize about uninterrupted blocks of time reading, or writing, or both. At some point, however, the need to share a complete and utterly fabulous idea overwhelms me. Or if it's one of those days (you know the ones I'm talking about), a writing buddy will understand the idiotic doubts and gross exaggerations I spout off.


My writing buddies keep me sane.


Who else really understands what writers go through? Only writers. It's true of any industry. That's why co-workers go to lunch and chat by the watercooler. Sharing the trivia of our day keeps us connected.


So, with that in mind, I'm taking a moment to say thank you to all of my writer friends who share my triumphs, my rejections, my ups, my downs, and my need for chocolate. Right back at you! The only thing better than having a writing buddy is being a writing buddy.


Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!