Thursday, August 7, 2008

The journey begins...

Welcome! I'm thrilled you stopped by.

A journey. A beginning. But not quite. I've been writing contemporary romance novels for two years. Since I adore reading Harlequin Romance novels, I wrote four manuscripts targeted for that line. I've received rejections for two of the books, and in the meantime have gotten feedback on my writing from other authors and contest results. So why do I say I'm beginning my journey?

The last two years have prepared me for the real saga. Until I got honest feedback about my work, I was destined to repeat the same mistakes over and over. So I decided to devote the summer of 2008 to study the craft of writing before starting my fifth manuscript this fall. It's been an emotional ride. The more I learn, the less I know. But I just keep moving forward.

Designing my website and starting this blog were huge goals. If any of you are like me, I had NO idea where to begin! I decided to check out all of my favorite author's websites: a fun job! Then I went a step further and checked out many of the Harlequin author's sites. It's easy to get sucked into their amazing worlds.

Yeah, I got sidetracked, but forced myself back on my own path.

So now you know where I'm at. This is probably the most serious post you'll read, because I tend to view the world through silly, sassy glasses.

Thanks for stopping by and come back each week as I post my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!